To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Troy, IN 47588
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Design / Product Engineer
MEGGITT • Troy, IN
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Design / Product Engineer carries the product design work load. Under the direction of the Manager of Engineering evaluates new product requirements, makes heat transfer calculations, optimizes unit size, cost, weight and reviews customer and internal drawings
Job Core Responsibilities
- Reviews customer specifications and drawings; supports new product opportunities
- Designs products to meet customer heat transfer, pressure drop and structural requirements
- Works with drafting to produce engineering drawings; responsible for accuracy of drawings to match design specification
- Prepares test procedures and writes test reports, technical proposals and other engineering related documents
- Responsible for all associated testing requirements, qualification and compliance of design to customer’s specifications
- Prepares and leads design reviews and supports other meeting requests
- Works with outside labs to perform development and qualification testing
- Generates cost estimates related to program support and qualification test programs
- Supports operations in multi-faceted areas and as needed for quality or manufacturing related issues with legacy products
Education : Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job responsibilities
Years Experience : 3 - 5 years of relevant experience
- Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer and Fluid Dynamics knowledge desired
- Metallurgical and materials engineering experience is desired
- Heat exchanger design and manufacturing methods is preferred
- Product Development and Release experience is required; experience in aerospace programs is desired
- Preferred skills: Experience within Aerospace, ISO9001/AS9100, Trade Compliance, Program/Project Management, Problem Solving Skill
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to drive tasks to completion
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].