Kforce has a client in search of a Staff Accountant in Clearwater, Florida (FL).
We are looking for a diligent Staff Accountant to join our accounting department. The Staff Accountant's responsibilities include maintaining financial records and reports, performing account reconciliations, assisting with budget and close processes, conducting internal audits, and maintaining accounts payable documentation. You will also be assisting the accounting manager as needed and respond to information requests by management and for auditing purposes.
To be successful as a Staff Accountant, you should be able to accurately maintain a general ledger and ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). An outstanding Staff Accountant should also have excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
Staff Accountant Responsibilities:
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes
- Contributing to the development and review of annual operating budgets and performance projections
- Maintaining documentation for accounts payable, purchasing, and treasury and conducting internal audits
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines
- Responding to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with audits
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Assisting the accounting manager as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 3 years of accounting experience
- Great Plains experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Good problem-solving and time management skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles