Responsible for development, operations and maintenance of reporting solutions implemented in a cloud infrastructure. Leverages technical and analytical skills to design and implement innovative healthcare reporting solutions with a collaborative approach while following agile principles and best practices. Responsible for implementing Hadoop based BigData analytics and modern Tableau reporting solutions including loading from disparate data sets, preprocessing using MapReduce, Spark, HBase, Scala, Hive, Python, Shell Scripting and/or similar technologies. Supports audit requests from the management and client as needed.
A professional at this position level within Optum has the following responsibilities: Adapts existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems. Understands the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals. Uses considerable judgment for cross-functional impact to determine solution and seeks guidance on complex problems. Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor. May interact with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within Optum. Determines methods and procedures on new assignments with guidance. Collaborates with other development, analysis and research teams.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges
- Work collaboratively with the technical and business team members to develop and maintain business reporting solutions, following agile development principles and practices as needed.
- Determine critical project reporting requirements and maintain work schedules for the team to ensure timely and accurate delivery of daily, weekly, monthly and ad hoc reports requested by management and/or client.
- Build and/or maintain analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Create, maintain and monitor optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Ensure assembly of large, complex data sets that meet business requirements.
- Collaborate with the team to identify, design and implement internal process improvements, automate manual processes, optimize data delivery, and propose re-designing of infrastructure as appropriate to achieve scalability and cost reduction.
- Coordinate with audit manager, audit specialists, systems analysts and research teams to analyze underlying healthcare and claims-related data from various sources and assist with data-related queries
- Participate in audit meetings and coordinate internal and external audit activities with the audit manager.
- Work collaboratively with management, client and stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues, and support their data reporting needs.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Assist team in implementing and maintaining standardized operational processes to ensure compliance to company policies, legal requirements and regulatory mandates.
- Ensure that data is maintained and secured keeping in mind the ‘least-privilege’ security principle for teams’ access to it.
- Identify risks and form contingency plans as soon as possible.
- Support the technical teams to design, develop, test and implement cost-effective strategies for assimilating and reporting of data.
- Analyze existing operations and schedule training sessions and meetings to discuss improvements.
- Support the testing and auditing team members to ensure quality checks involved in reporting of sensitive data.
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends and developments.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Math, or equivalent experience.
- Two (2) + years of experience as a lead, manager or similar role overseeing business and technical reporting functionality.
- Three (3) + years of experience as a Big Data Engineer or similar role.
- Three (3) + years of experience programming in a back end language (Java, J2EE, Kafka, Spark, etc.).
- Two (2) + Experience with Data Analytics and Reporting.
- Working SQL and No-SQL knowledge and experience working with a variety of databases (MySQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, MongoDB, etc.).
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Familiarity with Spark, or the Hadoop ecosystem and similar frameworks.
- Familiarity with various cloud technologies such as AWS (EMR, RDS, Redshift, etc.) and Azure.
- Creative and innovative approach to problem-solving and attention to detail.
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Experience working with the Health and Human Services (HHS) is a big plus.
- Experience working in CMMI Level 3 (or higher) environments is a plus.
- Confident and proactive self-starter, skilled in taking initiative, assessing requirements, coming up with plans, and taking the lead in making plans reality
- Demonstrate a high degree of adaptability, comfortable in establishing new directions, managing rapid change, and trying different approaches to deal with uncharted territories
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills to build and maintain positive, productive relationships with colleagues, managers, external stakeholders and client
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills to coordinate team work and collaborate with management and stakeholders
- Comfortable and experienced operating in an outcome oriented environment
The government services support team at Optum has earned the trust of organizations that our entire country relies on; from the Department of Defense and Veteran’s Administration to the teams at Health & Human Services and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. We’re repaying that trust with hard work, new ideas and a commitment to finding better solutions every day. Join us and help create ways for our government services agencies to be more efficient and effective. This will be the next huge step in your life's best work.SM
Colorado Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700 Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: solution reporting, reporting, project reporting, SQL, AWS, technical reporting, big data, Java, J2EE, Kafka, Spark, Data analytics, No-sql, MongoDB, Hadoop, Azure, CMMI, HHS