GHD has an opening for a Process Engineer
at our Baton Rouge, Louisiana
office location. We are seeking a dynamic person to help service our client base in the chemicals, refining, and mid-stream oil & gas sectors. GHD provides a wide variety of services across multiple sectors that support front end loading and detailed design of multi-discipline plant capital projects ranging in TIC values.
- Function within a consulting engineering environment to support development of process design basis of new installations, modifications and optimization of existing processes and equipment, validation of relief systems, and process documentation for new and existing clients in the markets we serve
- Be able to support project managers and discipline design leads on projects we execute in FEED/FEL stages through detailed design
- Utilize analytical software tools to model process simulations and hydraulic analyses
- Perform heat and mass balance calculations, and develop block flow diagrams, PFD’s, and P&ID’s
- Research equipment and develop specifications for applications. - Have leadership abilities to mentor lesser experienced staff and offer insight on complex process design issues
- Participate in the response to RFI’s, Bid Requests, feasibility discussions, and Proposal effort to confirm scope and time estimates required to perform the requested services
- Participate in project HAZOP teams and other risk assessment efforts associated with operating facilities
- Adapt to the client culture and learn the measures of success
- Provide recommendations toward project-reporting metrics to ensure up-to-date informed status of projects from initial stages through delivery
- Participate in project review meetings with internal design team and with clients to discuss issues, status of deliverables, and carry out relevant action items identified throughout project execution
- Act in the capacity of a GHD Leader by being part of the technical team, performing work to industry and client standards, and operating with the highest regard toward ethical business practices
- Assist other GHD Design Offices in the areas of process design support
- Follow and adhere to all plant site safety and administrative procedures
- Full Time position located at the GHD Baton Rouge office
Our commitment to you
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering
- 15+ years of process engineering experience supporting industrial facilities capital projects in chemicals, refining, and/or pipeline
- Dynamic process background desired including chlor-alkali, vinyls, resins, natural gas liquids, and refined crude products
- Strong written and oral communications skills and ability to collaborate with clients and design team members in formal and informal meetings
- Knowledgeable of ASME and API codes for piping systems, vessels, tanks, and equipment
- Self-starter, highly motivated, pleasant demeanor, and able to lead by example
- Proficiency in using Aspen Plus, HYSYS, Pipe-Flo, and Synergi, as well as Microsoft Office Suite and other desktop program
- Physical ability to make field trips to review project scopes, grasp project complexities, and aid in the evaluation of existing systems
- Should have current TWIC Card GHD is a large, well established organization with a culture that promotes safety, teamwork, integrity and respect
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements. Why GHD?
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own? About GHD
As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.
If you are interested in pursuing this position, please submit your resume and cover letter via the link above.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
This position does not provide visa sponsorship.