Scope of the Position
The Process Technician is responsible for setting up and maintaining process controls on presses, dies, roll formers, and equipment to customer specifications. He or she is responsible for resolving manufacturing processes. The Process Technician is responsible for troubleshooting, repairing and performing preventative maintenance on the equipment. Additionally, he or she will maintain equipment and prevent failures by suggesting and implementing improvement plans. The Process Technician is expected to become a subject matter expert with the ability to train those above and below the position. He or she would coordinate manufacturing activities to ensure good production and quality through problem solving and continuous improvement activities.
- Optimises all machine processes by reducing scrap, cycle times and changeover times;
- Assists with launches of new programs by building a new process to ensure quality products of parts and attends launch meetings prior to production start-up as needed;
- Oversees in-house tooling and material evaluations to ensure optimum performance;
- Describes system, components, and parts operating characteristics and malfunctions by writing technical reports;
- Verifies systems performance by testing functioning of installed equipment;
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs, and evaluating new equipment and techniques;
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining process controls of presses, dies, roll mills, and other equipment.
- Monitor production for accuracy and efficiency and work with quality inspectors to ensure part quality/performance
- Make minor electrical and mechanical repairs and adjustments to machines/tools and notify supervisors when major service is required
- Provide ownership and analysis of roll forming process and equipment for the reduction in defects, overall process improvement and/or the reduction of downtime and continuous improvements
- Support process improvement projects safely in order to ensure safety, quality, and productivity through manufacturing process optimization.
- Develop training materials and train operators and technicians, document and monitor new operational processes.
- Serve as the technical resource who effectively supports the increase of operational productivity through manufacturing process optimization.
- Be recognized as the technical expert by demonstrating exemplary knowledge, skills, and ability when implementing engineering principles.
- Compiles, stores and receives production data
- Completes all paperwork as required.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- Advise on improvements in tracking and reporting procedures.
- Promote safety by abiding to all related policies and procedures
- Minimum of a high school diploma or its equivalent. Ability to read, write and speak English effectively.
- Possess basic mathematical skills
- Safety and environmental training and experience
- Previous experience in roll forming department or at least manufacturing experience.
- Must be able to work any shift
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Troubleshooting ability is required.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated good internal customer service skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
- Strong Analytical ability
- Supervisory and interpersonal skills are required
- Detail Oriented
Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
- Attention To Detail
- Business Process Improvement