Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wells Fargo Commercial Banking delivers a comprehensive suite of products and industry expertise to serve the diverse financial needs of companies with annual sales typically ranging from $5 million to $2 billion. As a leader in serving commercial customers, Wells Fargo offers financial services including credit and treasury management solutions as well as specialized expertise across industries including Technology, Food, Beverage & Agribusiness, Investor Real Estate and Government.
The Wells Fargo Specialized Industries Technology Banking Group is seeking an experienced Relationship Manager to expand our Early Stage team. The primary responsibilities of the role are focused on new client acquisition and existing client relationship management, including driving revenue generation opportunities from across Wells Fargo’s platform. The Relationship Manager will also proactively identify new credit opportunities and handle all aspects of client interaction including originating, structuring, and executing transactions related to commercial lending, investment banking, debt capital markets, and loan syndications.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 3+ years of account relationship management experience, credit management experience, or a combination of both
Other Desired Qualifications
- Account relationship management experience
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of commercial or specialty group: lending, loan servicing, products, and credit practices
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of negotiating: interest rates, price, terms, and collateral requirements
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of risk management
- Experience consistently delivering strong sales performance
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Deep experience and knowledge related to underwriting, structuring, and identifying key risks for companies within the Technology industry, including pre-profit VC-backed companies
- Demonstrated track record growing a portfolio, while appropriately balancing risk management
- Proven and effective relationship management skills that lead to desired client outcomes
- Proactive in all aspects of their work
- Strategic thinker who challenges norms and brings thoughtful recommendations
- Strong track record of thoughtfully & strategically growing a business
- Extensive & trusted technology industry relationships
- Understands segments, markets, technology, venture capital
- Positive energy, clear communicator, market-facing & results-oriented
- Driving revenue through a demonstrated strong market presence
- Set & manage to high, in-person calling standards
- Delivering content with Distinct Competitive Advantages
- Trusted client relationship coverage at operational, c-suite and board of director levels
- Partnering well across WF businesses
- Bring a high level of energy & fun to the business
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.Street Address
CA-SF-Financial District: Min: $119,300 Mid: $170,400
CA-Palo Alto: Min: $119,300 Mid: $170,400
CA-SF-Financial District: 333 Market St - San Francisco, CADisclaimer
CA-Palo Alto: 400 Hamilton Ave - Palo Alto, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.