HollyFrontier Refinery, located in Tulsa, OK, is looking for an Electrical Reliability Engineer. The successful candidate's primary duties will be responsible for conducting engineering assignments for the Engineering Department and functions as a technical specialist, formulating and developing advanced engineering concepts.
This position is not eligible for International Relocation Program benefits.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
- Provides electrical engineering assistance, direction and development assistance to colleagues for Preventative Maintenance to determine TA and non TA scheduling
- Solves technical problems related to projects and troubleshoots and updates report data for Substation Relay issues, Arc Flash Calculations and Area Classification requirements
- Upgrades, designs, configures, maintains and monitors related equipment and performance
- Analyzes related components and systems, processes and methods, and refinery processes and economics
- Develops project scopes, budgets and AFE’s for approval and ensures projects meet budget as well as refinery and OSHA standards for 480 V, 2400 V and 13,800 V equipment
- Ensures the maintenance and integrity of 480 V, 2400 V and 13,800 V equipment
- Optimizes business unit(s) and analyzes data to aid operations with decisions
- May be required to do some or all of the following:
- Investigate and resolve work-in-process problems for plant electrical systems
- Recommend and implement improvements and/or modification in sequence of operations, equipment utilization, and related matters
- Review proposals of outside vendors regarding the purchase of new or modernization of existing processing equipment
- Improve profitability of the refinery
- Design and build plant additions and modifications
- Act as a liaison between the company and county and state electrical and/or other agencies
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion
A minimum of 5 years of progressive work experience in an Electrical engineering discipline. Emphasis on power distribution is a requirement for this assignment.
Professional Engineer registration is preferred. Refinery or petrochemical industry experience preferred. Some or all of FCC, CCR, Alky, Sulfur unit, Delayed Coking, Lubes Processing and hydrotreating experience is preferred for Chemical discipline depending on assignment.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline is required.
Ability to manage a project is essential. Working knowledge of commonly used engineering concepts and ability to apply this knowledge analytically. Knowledge of Arc Flash Calculations, Relay coordination, and Medium Voltage Preventative Maintenance concepts are required.
Working knowledge of Microsoft products and experience with engineering software is preferred.
May be responsible for the supervision of personnel as well as contractors.
Office and plant based with up to 10% travel required. Subject to varying weather conditions and required to work in all temperatures, including outdoors.
HollyFrontier Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is an independent petroleum refiner and marketer that produces high value light products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel and other specialty products. HollyFrontier owns and operates refineries located in Kansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico and Utah and markets its refined products principally in the Southwest U.S., the Rocky Mountains extending into the Pacific Northwest and in other neighboring Plains states. In addition, HollyFrontier produces base oils and other specialized lubricants in the U.S., Canada and the Netherlands, and exports products to more than 80 countries. HollyFrontier also owns a 57% limited partner interest and a non-economic general partner interest in Holly Energy Partners, L.P., a master limited partnership that provides petroleum product and crude oil transportation, terminalling, storage and throughput services to the petroleum industry, including HollyFrontier Corporation subsidiaries.
Join HollyFrontier where you have the opportunity to develop and own your career!
HollyFrontier Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.