Directs, plans, organizes and develops the operation of the Social Services Department. Participates in the implementation of social care plans and resident assessments in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations. Ensures that the medically related emotional and social needs of the resident are met/maintained on an individual basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, develops and organizes the social service programs of the Health Campus.
- Participates in discharge planning; development and implementation of social care plans and resident assessments.
- Develops a written plan of care (preliminary and comprehensive) for each resident that identifies the problems/needs of the resident and the goals to be accomplished for each problem/need identified.
- Reviews and revises care plans and assessments as necessary, but at a minimum, quarterly.
- Provides information to resident/families on Medicare/Medicaid and other financial assistance programs available to the resident.
- Interprets the department’s policies and procedures to employees, residents, visitors and government agencies, etc.
- Reviews and develops a plan of correction for social service deficiencies noted during survey inspections and provides a written copy of the correction plan to the Executive Director.
- Interviews resident or family members, as necessary, to obtain social history.
- Ensures that social service progress notes are informative and descriptive of the services provide and of the resident’s response to the service.
- Participates in community planning related to the interests of the health campus and the services and needs of the resident and family.
- Attends and participates in annual company required in-service training programs.
- Follows all safety regulations, programs, policies, and procedures.
- Follows resident’s rights and responsibilities, including the right of refusal.
- Follows the company’s policies and procedures regarding resident complaints and/or grievances that indicate the action taken to resolve the complaint and the current status of the complaint.
- Assists in recruiting, screening, selecting, hiring, training coaching, counseling and developing a team of qualified and highly motivated individuals.
- Minimal travel including overnight stay as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work.
- LSW certification.
- Must meet State requirements and regulatory code(s) for licensure or certification.
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience working in the field of social services in a senior residential care, healthcare, senior living industry or long-term care environment.
- Exemplary computer skills that include knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of products.
Cypress Pointe Health Campus
Headquartered in Louisville, KY, Trilogy Health Services was founded in December 1997 and is dedicated to being the Best Healthcare Company in the Midwest by providing exceptional, comprehensive care to seniors in our living communities. Trilogy has over 100 locations and continues to grow across IN, OH, MI and KY. Join our growing company and experience the Trilogy Difference. We care for you while you care for others. #C4U
The Trilogy Advantage
- Competitive Salaries & Weekly Pay
- Earn a degree for FREE with our Purdue Global partnership
- FREE Health Insurance Option + up to $1,500 in company contributions
- Tuition Reimbursement, Scholarships and Student Loan Repayment
- Employee Celebrations
- And much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Trilogy Hires Heroes Just Like YOU!