Plans and directs the profitable growth of the district operation. Manages all district operating functions including residential and commercial rental sales, retail sales, general administration, and warehouse and delivery operations. Develops strategic plans and strategies to align business to company initiatives while maximizing growth potential.
Must be able to relocate.
- Work within national and Group rental operations policies, develop, recommend and implement overall district operating plans and budgets. Presents final budgets to the Executive Staff for final revisions and approval. Develops, implements and monitors sound marketing, merchandising and sales plans, including showroom display, advertising, promotions and outside sales.
- Directs administrative operations, Clearance Center sales activities;
- Directs inventory controls, warehousing, and delivery operations
- Directs the processes involved in business organizational planning, coordination, and execution
- Determines how monies will be spent to get work done
- Orders merchandise or prepares requisitions to replenish merchandise
- Directs staffing, salary administration, evaluations, and benefit admin
- Makes sales and sales maintenance calls
- Ensures employee compliance with established security, sales, and recordkeeping procedures and practices
- 4 year college degree with 6 + years work experience;
- 10 years related work experience without degree
- Excellent communication and reasoning skills, computer proficiency and account development and management skills;
- P&L experience
- Ability to build relationships with external and internal customers,
- Must have valid state driver’s license and safe driving record;
- Must have reliable transportation
- Ability to speak, read and write English
- Must regularly talk or hear. Frequently required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Occasionally required to sit and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
CORT is a subsidiary of Warren Buffet’s Berkshire Hathaway. We are the world’s largest provider of furniture rental, trade show and event furnishings and relocation and transition services. We have locations throughout the US and in the UK, and a proprietary global network in over 80 countries around the world. We are dedicated to helping people make a house a home, an office a great place to work and an event a memorable celebration.
As part of a national company, CORT Furniture Rental offers opportunities for career development, professional growth, competitive salaries with position-specific incentive or commission plans, a comprehensive benefit plan, 401(k) and Profit Sharing, educational expense reimbursement and employee discounts.
For more information on CORT Business Services, please visit our website at [ Link removed ]
CORT conducts drug screening, background checks and MVR checks (if applicable) as a condition of employment. CORT also participates in the E-Verify program.