To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Principal Product Architect
DXC Technology • US-State-CA
Posted 29 days ago
Leads the full life-cycle of product development processes for creating new products and services, including initial assessment and planning, process design and prototyping, and implementation and transition. Provides subject matter and industry expertise in the design and implementation of multi-product modules and systems. Provides strategic product advice to client, and serves as client key point of contact. Defines and shapes company product-based methodology, strategies and service offerings, ensuring that they complement and support future business directions. Pursues new business leads.
Must be US based candidate to be considered for this role
Essential Job Functions
- Leads, collaborates, facilitates and provides and/or supports in-depth design expertise with development teams on new, highly-complex product architectures. Facilitates collaborative designs for initiatives involving multiple teams.
- Assesses and analyzes products and solutions to benchmark current state. Establishes technical direction and design and identifies course to achieve alignment with client and company goals.
- As subject matter expert, performs and/or oversees the highly complex design and implementation of multi-product modules and systems to ensure client/business needs are met.
- Provides strategic product advice including product features, vendor recommendations and future direction of technology. Leverages a commanding knowledge of business problems affecting customers to ensure product is designed to meet their needs. Facilitates customer design and awareness sessions that are focused on complex product architectures.
- Leads and/or oversees the product implementation process, ensuring the solution is sound, appropriate and cost-justified, the components integrate properly, and domains of change within the scope of the solution are addressed.
- Serves as the industry expert on product systems, processes, and network architectures. Creates and delivers internal and/or external conference presentations and participates in product user groups to market and support product solutions.
- Influences client expectations and ensures client satisfaction at the account level.
- Maintains current knowledge and explores new and emerging technologies relative to package-based application implementations. Prototypes the technology as appropriate and identifies areas of opportunities in product portfolios.
- May participate in or leads major proposal efforts; creates strategies to win business in new markets or current accounts, working with marketing and other appropriate departments.
- Coordinates activities of less experienced personnel to determine appropriate product development and implementation strategies and to ensure cost effective product efficiency.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or related field preferred
- Twelve or more years of experience with technical product configuration, design, and/or integration
- Experience working with client enterprise products, services, and strategies; and technical products, vendors, families of technologies and product configurations
- Experience working with product and platform configurations
- Experience working with technology architecture, mainframes, scheduling software, and other related technologies
- Experience working with programming design, programming concepts and coding languages
- Experience working with development tools, processes, approaches and/or techniques
- Experience selling and managing key client relationships
- Strong communication skills to communicate with customers, support personnel, and management
- Strong presentation skills to present ideas and solutions to individuals or groups
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong personal computer and business solutions skills
- Leadership skills to mentor, motivate and provide guidance to project and junior personnel
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to adapt to changing situations, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to switch between tasks quickly
- Ability to anticipate problems, deal with and resolve ambiguity and take decisive action
- Ability to convert technical knowledge into easily understood terms
- Ability to create and maintain formal and informal networks
- Willingness to travel
- Office environment
- May require evening and weekend work