Role: User Experience (UX) Designer
Location: McLean, VA and Remote
Schedule: 40 hours / week
Overview: Apex Systems, the nation’s second largest IT staffing and technology services firm, has an immediate opening for a User Experience (UX) Designer to sit on-site in McLean, VA and Remote.
The successful candidate will design and develop interactive web/mobile applications. Using modern frameworks and UX best practices, the designer will apply user research, information architecture, rapid prototyping, and web development skills to design new solutions, troubleshoot and implement front-end code for existing or new systems, and deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions for a wide range of customers.
A minimum of 5 years’ work experience designing and developing web-based solutions is required. The candidate must have experience working on complex web applications and have extensive experience in UX research, strategy and design, information architecture, and front-end prototyping for web/mobile.
Required qualifications for this role include:
- Knowledge of usability, accessibility (Section 508), responsive web design and other standard best practices
- Knowledge and practice of UX industry best practices including research methods and user-centered design
- Strong visual and interaction design proficiency, as well as a superior understanding of current front-end coding practices
- Knowledge of front-end design and development frameworks, including Bootstrap, Angular and US Web Design System
Other required qualifications for this role include:
- Demonstrated proficiency designing in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator. Multimedia experience with Premiere Pro, Captivate, After Effects, etc. a huge plus.
- Proficient use of common rapid prototyping tools (Axure Pro, etc.)
- Extensive experience designing web application interfaces in an agile environment
- Aspiration to stay on top of cutting edge hardware, software, and interaction design
- Awareness of new trends in interactive design, web development, and digital platforms
- Experience customizing Content Management Systems (Microsoft SharePoint, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills and a commitment to excellent customer service
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science, or Human Factors or 5 years of equivalent work experience to include any combination of UX design, web design, multimedia design, UX research and/or information architecture.
A solid portfolio of web, mobile, and multimedia design is required.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Bootstrap (Front End Framework)