If you are looking for a rewarding career– Farm Credit West may be a great fit for you. With more than $12 billion in assets, Farm Credit West and its wholly owned subsidiaries are cooperatively-owned institutions providing financial services to farmers, ranchers and agribusinesses.
Our employees represent some of the best finance, accounting and credit professionals around, and our technology, administrative and creative staffs are top shelf. We invite you to join our chattel inspection team.
Key job responsibilities
Responsible for verifying and determining the value of personal property and chattels such as crops, livestock, equipment and inventory involved in an FCW lending transaction; conducting inspections to verify and ascertain the condition of crops, cattle, equipment and inventory; and compiling information on input, production, and processing costs, crop and livestock prices equipment sales and other economic data used in determining values.
This position requires the evaluator to:
- Compile and analyze information on comparable sales, input, production and processing costs; crop and livestock prices; equipment sales and other economic data used in determining values. Prepare appropriate reports.
- Create complete highly accurate and fully compliant work, with attention to numbers, calculations, details and deadlines. Experience with and understanding of cash flow management.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal team members, customers and professional peers.
- Field work 30%-50% required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong decision making skills as well as strong interpersonal, communication, customer service and team skills.
- Possess proven, effective problem solving skills as well as effective negotiating and influencing.
- Possess advanced computer skills including MS Office applications and other related industry applications.
- Must be able to travel to perform certain required duties
- Bachelor’s degree in Agribusiness, Business, Accounting, Economics or related field with 0-3 years of relevant work experience; Relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Agricultural background preferred.
- Customer Service
- Complex Problem Solving
- Computer Literacy
- Decision Making
- Data Compilation