To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- South Bay, FL 33493
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
CDL INSTRUCTOR, ACADEMIC IWTF
GEO Corrections & Detentions (A GEO Company) • South Bay, FL
Posted 22 days ago
Facility: South Bay Correctional Facility
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Conduct entry-level class A Commercial Driver License (CDL). Instruct defensive driving techniques and educate students on the safe and professional operation of a Class A Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) in accordance with Florida Department of Transportation (DOT) Federal and State regulations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Successful instructor will coach trainees in the skills necessary to be a professional truck driver.
- Provide safety oversight throughout all training evaluations in accordance with course curriculum and safety policy.
- Observe, mentor and make recommendations respective to individual training and developmental needs.
- Evaluate students individually on their operational skills and assist their progress during each training evaluation according to course curriculum.
- Counsel students as needed regarding skill issues and adherence to FDOT regulations.
- Train students in areas of weakness through constructive feedback and adult learning processes.
- May instruct conversational English, and ideas and customs in English to students with limited English proficiency.
- Maintains records including testing, daily inmate/detainee work, attendance and general record keeping.
- Evaluates and maintains inmate/detainee academic progress.
- Provides individual tutoring.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Two (2) years of relevant teaching experience preferred.
- Six (6) years of full-time experience in CDL driving required.
- Active CDL license required.
- Must obtain a temporary vocational teaching certificate from the Florida Department of Corrections within twelve (12) months of hire date.