The ASM 2 - Sales Support Lead is responsible for the daily warehouse/stockroom/receiving and sales support activities and for driving sales and assisting customers on the retail sales floor as required. This individual is responsible for assisting the Store Manager (SM) and the ASM1 – Sales Supervisor in achieving or exceeding all operational standards and sales and profit goals on a daily, monthly and annual basis while adhering to all company policies, procedures, governmental regulations and customer service expectations. The ASM 2 - Sales Support Lead is also responsible for the overall management and operation of the store in the absence of the Store Manager (SM) and the ASM 1 - Sales Supervisor. This is considered a “key carrier” position and is responsible for opening and closing the store and routine handling of bank deposits.
Job Title: ASM 2 – Assistant Store Manager 2 (Sales Support Lead)
Department: Store Operations
Reports To: Store Manager
Job Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly) + Monthly Bonus Potential
Budget Managed ($): None
- High School graduate, GED or equivalent required
- One to three years of related sales/retail/customer service experience; hardwood flooring knowledge a plus
- Previous warehouse/stockroom experience preferred
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) skills a plus
- Basic Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Outstanding telephone skills
- Experience using a Point-of-Sale (POS) system
- Ability to drive/operate a forklift required (forklift certification required prior to operating equipment)
- Constant (more than 50% of the time) standing, walking, and hand/finger dexterity; lifting & carrying up to 80 lbs.; pushing & pulling up to 80 lbs.
- Frequent (between 33% -50% of the time) reaching, squatting, kneeling, bending, and twisting
- Occasional (up to 33% of the time) sitting, using ladder to climb
- Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
General Work Schedule:
Will generally work a standard five-day fulltime workweek (30 to 40 hours) including weekends, evenings, holidays and occasional overtime based on business and customer needs. There is no “on call” requirement for this position.
ASM 2 - Sales Support Leads generally work in a warehouse/stock area and retail sales environment that involves the use of office equipment, such as computers, POS equipment and telephones, machinery/mechanical equipment, ladders and heavy equipment (forklift). Routine exposure to frequent and heavy lifting, moderate noise, outdoor elements (heat and cold) and airborne particles. Limited travel required.
Operate Cash Register
Resolve Customer Issue