The Business Development Manager shall be responsible for supporting opportunity origination and execution of growth initiatives North America for Steelhead Americas, the renewable development of Vestas. Including greenfield project prospecting, renewable asset acquisitions, joint ventures, development partnerships, project divestures, and other new business opportunities.
[ Link removed ]
• Effectively implement attractive opportunities for growth, including supporting early, mid and late-stage renewable development project acquisitions (wind, solar and storage), development joint ventures and eventual project divestures to Independent Power Producers and Regulated Utilities.
• Assessing new opportunities based on a thorough understanding of the North American energy business, including wholesale energy markets, wind, solar and storage technology and competitive landscape. Able to quickly identify and assess attractive investment opportunities and decline unattractive ones.
• Coordination with internal experts on investment due-diligence process for potential project acquisitions including resource analysis, environmental, land, interconnection, permitting, offtake, congestion analysis and overall economic viability.
• Formation of external facing sell-side Confidential Information Memorandums for project divestures. Management of bid process, analysis, shortlist, negotiation and award.
• Work closely with commercial business development leads and counterparties, government entities, and other stakeholders on projects / transactions.
• Analysis and preparation of internal investment approval presentations for Steelhead’s Investment Committee and Executive Management.
• Support the Finance and Legal departments during interaction with third parties (tax equity, construction financing, etc.) in order to ensure transaction terms and conditions are favorable.
• Able to effectively supervise a cross-functional team
• Ability to travel to meet clients as needed
• Ability to work with people, to lead by influence and by motivating and empowering
• Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and accept new ideas and changing initiatives
• Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
• Solve problems strategically; search out relevant information and gauge its importance when making decisions
Education, Training, and Skills Required:
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Engineering, Finance, Business Administration, or equivalent.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in business development, development or project finance in the renewable energy industry.
• Has solid experience in and understanding of the North American power sector, including legal / regulatory aspects, market environment, competition, stakeholders, counterparties, and other areas that impact growth initiatives
• Has good knowledge and capabilities in all the aspects of project development, including power sales, commercial markets, EPC, permitting, interconnection, transmission, fuel supply, project financing, contracts, land acquisition, and financial analysis.
• Knowledge and experience with key project contracts is favorable: Power Purchase Agreements, Generator Interconnection Agreements, Turbine and Equipment Supply Agreements, Partnership and Purchase and Sale Agreements, and Operations &Maintenance Agreements, Membership Interest Purchase Agreements.
• Exceptional financial and commercial understanding
• Can coordinate and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
• Understanding of renewable energy financial models, risks, rewards, and what propels value in greenfield projects / M&A opportunities.
• Good behavioral fit. Desired characteristics include an enthusiasm for renewables, results driven, teamwork oriented, analytical, creative, collaborative, and fun.
• Effective problem-solving skills with emphasis on attention to detail.
• Highly numerate and computer literate, very competent in the use of MS Office packages particularly Excel, PowerPoint and other BI tools.
• Professional communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to react quickly to changing business and project needs.
• Capable of making sound strategic and operational decisions through analyzing data, focusing on customers and commercial awareness.
• Willing to travel within US and Canada (expected <20%).
Physical Demands & Work Environment
While performing the responsibilities of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use of hands and fingers to handle and feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand and walk, as well as travel to other locations, some that may be remote. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The work environment is an open office setting and the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; paid time off (PTO); generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and team members with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
[ Link removed ]
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.
Mergers And Acquisitions