To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Westbury, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Director of Rehabilitation
Theradynamics Rehab Management • Westbury, NY
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
REHAB DIRECTOR NEEDED
We are seeking a dynamic Director of Rehabilitation to join our team of professionals. The Director is responsible for supervising staff therapists/assistants and ensuring compliance with Federal and State Department of Health Regulations. The Director plans, organizes and manages the effective and efficient delivery of rehabilitation services within the facility
The Rehabilitation Program Director must have:
- Bachelor and/or Master’s degree in Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy or Speech and Language Pathology
- Current and valid NY state license
- A minimum of 3 years plus of rehabilitation experience
- Interdisciplinary management and understanding is essential
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Supervisory experience required
- Computer literate
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize Rehab Optima software to effectively monitor delivery of care, efficiently manage clinical services provided, maintain the "hotlist" on a daily basis, perform monthly closeouts for operations and billing export and make use of the advanced documentation to meet specific clinical standards
- Orientation and training of rehabilitation personnel
- Review and update Rehabilitation policy and procedures on a regular basis to ensure compliance with facility process and state/federal regulations
- Supervision of rehabilitation clinical and support staff within the facility. This includes:
- Conducting Monthly Quality Assurance Reviews and Chart Audits on Active and Discharge rehabilitation patients
- Staff informed of all deficiencies and chart completed as indicated
- Progressive discipline plan developed for frequent noncompliance
- Demonstrate the ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations
- Preparing reports that include but are not limited to Daily RCF, Weekly Snapshot, and LTC Log
- Reviewing referrals and discharges of Rehabilitation Short-term and Long-term care programming to evaluate service delivery and needs.
- Assist in facility and rehabilitation marketing plan including:
- Referral rehabilitation screenings, community, and referral source in servicing
- Providing program evaluation and outcome information for inclusion in marketing materials.
- Assisting in Market analysis and provide recommendations for new rehabilitation programs.
- Reviews and makes recommendations to the facility concerning staff education needs and request. Provides in-services and obtains speakers to assist staff in improving their job performance
- Depending on the volume of the facility, the rehab director will be responsible for providing direct patient care. (A productivity standard will be set depending on the volume of rehabilitation services)
- Perform management activities including, interviewing, hiring, orienting, evaluating and terminating department staff members
- Be able to prepare physical, occupational and speech therapy documentation for audit requests including but not limited to OMIG, ADRs and third-party Compliance reviews
- Other duties as assigned by the facility
- 5 Weeks Paid Time Off
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Tax Deferred Programs under AFLAC
- Unlimited continuing education credits through our interactive online library of courses
- 401K Plan with company match
We are an EEO Employer