Ameris Bank is a high-performing community bank providing an exceptional customer experience with well trained, empowered employees. At Ameris, we look outside conventional wisdom and processes to find new answers. This means cutting red tape, empowering our people to make decisions at the local level and creating clear paths and easy touchpoints. We represent energy and passion, a steady strength that is bold and assertive, creativity in thinking and problem solving, a scrappy determination and nimble approach to getting things done, a good natured, genuine and approachable way of serving each other and our customers. We look forward to the future, and what this means for you, if you join our team.
The Customer Care Specialist provides prompt, efficient, accurate and professional service to customers and prospective customers with a focus on customer retention and satisfaction. The position assists consumer and commercial customers with account information, problems, concerns, account maintenance and general questions. The Customer Care Specialist I handles service needs while demonstrating the Ameris Vision, Purpose, Expectations and Values.
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Strictly adheres to Bank Secrecy Act requirements and applies organizational policies and procedures in all activities.
- Provides prompt, professional customer service to customers and prospective customers utilizing proper etiquette in all communications.
- Researches and answers customer inquiries and fulfills service requests.
- Maintains knowledge of banking products, programs, services and promotions.
- Works to understand the root causes of customer service issues. Identifies and implements resolutions for routine issues involving supervisors on more complex issues.
- Delivers world-class service to every caller in multiple queues ensuring customer retention and satisfaction.
- Handles account service and maintenance requests efficiently and accurately.
- Maintains accurate call documentation.
- Identifies customer needs and offers appropriate bank products and services to customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Computer and Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Able to effectively and persuasively express self, using language and grammar in a professional manner.
- Able to plan, organize and prioritize tasks.
- Highly motivated team-player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships.
- Able to analyze and record detailed information.
- Thorough knowledge of banking policies, procedures, products and services.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality customer service and ability to meet or exceed service goals.
- Able to provide a high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
- Able to research, analyze, identify viable options, draw sound conclusions, present findings and make thoughtful recommendations.
Industry and Work Experience:
- 1 or more years of customer service or call center experience preferred
- 1 or more years of experience in financial services or a related industry preferred
- High school diploma or GED required
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- Customer Service
- Call Centers
- Professional Customer Services
- Financial Services