About Us: Shambaugh & Son L.P., a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc., is a construction/engineering firm. We specialize in the Design-Build method of construction resulting in fast-track delivery of the project improvements to our clients as well as traditional plan and spec projects. We are one of the largest specialty contractors in the U.S. and the only one with all eight M.E.P. (Mechanical, Electrical, Process, Automation, Refrigeration, HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Protection) design and installation capabilities in-house. We perform nearly $840 million of construction projects per year with over 2,600 employees throughout 50 states from our home office in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Our success has been driven by our ability to attract and retain knowledgeable and seasoned professionals to work on the Shambaugh team. As we continue to build on our more than 90 year Shambaugh success story, we are looking to complement our existing experienced project management staff with motivated and talented individuals who are interested in expanding their project management knowledge and gaining valuable work experience.
At Shambaugh we recognize people as our most important resource, and it is our mission to produce the industry’s highest level of quality services, safety and productivity on every project in order to develop repeat customers, maximize return on investment, and provide professional growth opportunities for people in the organization.
Job Title: Mechanical Project Manager – Indianapolis Indiana and surrounding areas
Job Summary: To pre-plan and manage hospital, healthcare and other construction projects utilizing all company resources resulting in satisfied customers increased productivity, and increased profitability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain up-to-date change order, subcontractor, RFI and contingency logs.
- Work with Labor Superintendent to ensure labor plan is being carried out.
- Create MEP Schedules and Manloading charts on all projects.
- Consistently submit accurate, timely and complete estimates and change order quotations.
- Communication with purchasing, subcontractors and our fabrication shop to secure schedule, scope and price.
- Promote and enforce a safe working environment.
- Satisfy customers’ needs to develop repeat business.
- 8 years minimum mechanical project management experience required.
- Experience managing $1-5 million projects.
- Knowledge of mechanical and plumbing systems.
- Experience in monitoring labor performance for purpose of identification of labor productivity and tracking progress.
- Knowledge in generating construction schedule and updating of same (MS Project).
- Knowledge in reading plans and specifications for purpose of ordering material and estimating of change orders.
- Ability to order, track, and expedite for timely delivery of MEP and specialty items required for the project.
- Excellent communicator in both written and verbal forms.
- Self-motivated, working under minimal supervision.
- Customer oriented.
- Team player with the ability to motivate others.
- Positive attitude and good interpersonal skills.
Visit us at URL blocked - click to apply to learn \u0022What we do and How we do it.\u0022
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled