The primary responsibility of the Vice President, Delivery is to establish, develop and grow the professional services practices into a profitable and sustainable businesses within Company and aim to increase our value with key clients. Key accountabilities include: building and growing consulting practices and revenue strems, strategic planning and business plan execution, ensuring client success, including successful project delivery, attainment of revenue and profit goals, business management and forecasting, project controls and project management office.
Accountability for the practice, including driving sales, revenue, recruiting, solution development, delivery, consulting, and all operational aspects, including:
Practice Building – Drive overall growth of practice area through a combination of business development, guidance for opportunity development, talent management, solution architecture, oversight of delivery work, and thought leadership.
What you'll be doing
VP, Global Delivery translates the global services strategy and regional strategic objectives into a regional services strategy. They ensure a continuous basis that the regional and global services organization flexibly reacts and is aligned to current business drivers, organizational initiatives and global programs.
They work with practice leaders and leadership to translate organizational strategy and strategic objectives into a global and coordinated services strategy. He/she is a key role-player and uses a deep understanding of Company solutions and of service trends to evaluate services strategies and ensures their translation into detailed operational plans. They consider the demands of the market and the offering of competitors as well as service demands and customer outcomes to shape and develop competitive service strategies. This individual advises on the design, development and implementation of service management not only as an organizational capability but also as a strategic asset. They advise on the planning of the service lifecycle from concept to retirement and advise on the business positioning to deal with the costs and risks associated with its services portfolio. This services strategy is developed into the operational plans and actions assigned to specific roles and responsibilities in service management and across the services lifecycle, by the Global Delivery Executive.
The VP, Global Delivery is one of the key drivers of strategy implementation for the Professional Services Leadership. He/she maintains good knowledge of industry trends working with global and local marketing and applies this knowledge to assist with the development of the strategic direction of their team, to set annual growth targets and manage the internal organizational impacts on the team in terms of resourcing, financing and up skilling.
The VP, Global Delivery demonstrates outstanding client engagement skills and can support his/her consulting and professional services teams in complex engagements by generating demand by acting as trusted advisor.
They lead their team by example, and continuously drive for client satisfaction by ensuring that their services and/or consulting teams display the appropriate level of client engagement. This VP is required to take a leadership role in structuring and planning client engagements by understanding the client’s business needs and technology strategy. He or she maintains relationships with selected clients by acting as trusted advisor.
Ability to build relationships, gain credibility, and win/close new deals
Develop service management policies
These individuals ensure that the global delivery and services strategy provides guidance on the principles underpinning the practice of delivery management to aid the development of service management policies, guidelines and processes across the delivery lifecycle. The VP, Global Delivery collaborates with senior business leaders to assist with the formulation of operational policies that will guide delivery management within Company.
Managed service portfolio
The VP, Global Delivery ensures the maintenance of a well-documented service portfolio which contains a detailed view of past and ongoing contractual obligations and ensures that third party services are noted. They ensure that the service portfolio is accurately maintained in terms of:
- Service catalog – the services that are currently offered
- Service pipeline – future services that are currently in development
- Retired services – past services that were rendered by the company
They ensure the management of the service portfolio and the service catalog by validating and approving changes and maintaining updates as approved by business leaders.
Service management review
The VP, Global Delivery takes responsibility for determining the status of services in each step of the services lifecycle by collaborating with a variety of internal stakeholders. They advise on the establishment of internal controls to ensure management validation checks that ensure that services goals are being achieved and that business value is being realized throughout the services lifecycle. They measure the actual progress achieved against the initial criteria that was established in the planning phase.
They ensure that the business units meet its profitability targets, maximizing revenue per billable resource within agreed cost constraints and without compromising the integrity and standards of the company. The VP participates in the setting of the business unit budget and provides assistance on bids for major contracts with both customers and subcontractors. They establish and control revenue and expense budgets for the project(s). They are required to successfully manage and monitor business metrics such as achievement of gross profit and revenue targets, cost management, forecasting accuracy and appropriate headcount ratios.
They act as a people manager by partnering within the organization to attract the right professional services leadership and talent to ensure their team is staffed according to requirements and all team members are fully utilized. They ensure that employees reporting into them are engaged and understand their career opportunities, by taking responsibility for the development and training of their team members. The VP, Global Delivery ensures that his or her team is rewarded and remunerated according to their performance.
This Leader contributes to the successful growth of Company by contributing to strategy in the relevant forums, advising colleagues of client and industry trends. They also continuously contribute to the improvement of internal effectiveness by contributing to improving current methodologies, processes and tools. The VP, Global Delivery is meticulous with excellent solution architecture and project management ability. They have excellent strategic thinking capability and good analytical skills. They are a service oriented individual who is able to create client value while maintaining profitable business results. They have a deep understanding of business processes and strategic objectives and can translate these into services that create a competitive edge for Company in the positioning of their services. They possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and employ these skills to interact with a variety of stakeholders. This individual is a charismatic leader that inspires.
In this position you will need to:
- Shape and develop competitive service strategies and translate it into a global and coordinated services strategy and detailed operational plan with the aim of and growing the professional services practice regionally or divisionally into a profitable and sustainable business.
- Structure and plan complex client engagements and generate demand through acting as trusted advisor.
- Provide guidance on and formulate service management policies, guidelines and processes in collaboration with senior business leaders.
- Manage and maintain the service portfolio and the service catalogue.
- Advise on the establishment of internal controls to ensure that services goals are being achieved by measuring the actual progress achieved against the initial criteria.
- Ensure that the business units meet its profitability targets and manage and monitor business metrics.
- Effectively manage a team, their resource allocations, assignments, capacity and overall performance.
- Proven experience in formulating and executing strategy and operational plans
- Demonstrated success of business development, pipeline management, and success in influencing additional pull-through
- Experience in establishing and controlling revenue and expense budgets and managing business metrics
- Experience in managing a team and applying human resources principles
- Experience in IT and Technology projects and programs
- Experience and passion for Emerging Technologies and Digital Innovations
Personal Attributes and Skills Required
- Have an in-depth understanding of contemporary technology solutions and of service trends
- Business acumen and proven technology expertise and deep understanding of technology echo system and emerging technologies
- Display excellent strategic thinking capability and good analytical skills
- Have an in-depth understanding of business processes and strategic objectives
- Knowledgeable of design, development and implementation of delivery management
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and employ these skills to interact with a variety of stakeholders
- Knowledgeable of industry trends working with global and local marketing
- Excellent communication skills, particularly the ability to influence and negotiate through face to face communication with individuals and audiences
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication and organizational skills
- Excellent project management ability
- Service oriented individuals with the ability to create client value whilst maintaining profitable business results
- Possess charismatic leadership ability
- Demonstrate the ability to manage and resolve complex / difficult / sensitive situations
Business To Consumer