Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy, and urbanization.
GHD is looking for a SR. Technical Project Manager for our Dams/Hydropower team. The primary functions in this role will be to provide technical leadership on dams and hydropower engineering projects. You will actively participate in client relationship management, business development, development of proposals, reports and technical analysis. You will demonstrate leadership in achieving on time and on budget project completion as well as mentoring and developing other team members. This position can work from any of our offices in California.
Responsibilities of this position will be but are not limited to:
- Serve as the client manager for key clients and develop/execute associated client engagement plans
- Build effective relationships with Team Leaders, Business Group Managers, Client Relationship Managers, Market Leaders, Service Line Leaders and other key people
- Pre-position for projects, develop opportunities, and obtain RFPs
- Develop approaches for responses to RFPs, scope of work packages, budgets, and progress reports
- Drives financial performance with respect to contribution; monitors, tracks, and manages opportunities, backlog, utilization, AR/DSO, variances, and markups
- Develop and mentor team members
The ideal candidate would have the following skill set:
- Experience in the preparation of design packages of powerhouse facilities, and water retaining structures
- Experience working in multi-disciplined teams, including hydro-mechanical, electro-mechanical, electrical, geologists, and hydraulic engineers
- Computer knowledge and skills, in particular of software relevant to dams/hydropower engineering analyses
- Established project management and time management skills, including preparation of budgets, work programs, proposals, tenders, technical submissions and reports.
- Established project team management skills in a multidisciplinary consulting environment.
- Experience with client relationship management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to work in a team environment and to lead all or part of a team
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary consulting environment
- Self motivated and proactive
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in the field of Civil Engineer or equivalent technical field
- Licensed Professional Engineer in California (other states in addition to California a plus)
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience
- Proficient in understanding of one or more of the following technical aspects of dam and hydropower engineering; Structural, Civil, Geotechnical, or Water Resources.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Business Development
- Project Management