Top construction company in Salt Lake City, Utah with an extensive project pipeline. They are looking for an experienced project manager ready to continue their career growth and expand on their project experience, with a strong background in multifamily construction.
My client is a large company with a strong reputation in the construction industry and history in multi-family, residential, and commercial construction. They strive to provide top quality projects on schedule and within budget to keep every one of their clients satisfied. Its culture is one that emphasizes the importance of meeting customer expectations through effective communication, and being seen ethical and reliable through their actions.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects within agreed upon budget and schedule
- Ability to set priorities both within a project and among multiple projects or project tasks
- Ability to perform a large project decomposition - divide and subdivide the project into smaller manageable parts and ability to communicate effectively with the customer
- Ability to create schedules with multiple correlated tasks, milestones, and hard due dates.
- Solution-driven decision-making skills, even when faced with uncertainty
- Ability to show empathy, present a possible negative situation in a professional manner, come up with a practical revised plan, and follow through with it.
- Excellent communication skills required - Must be proficient in MS Office Suite
- Organization skills
- Ability to organize, assemble, and aggregate project data; to write reports, business correspondence, and effectively present information to a group of internal and external project stakeholders
- Leadership ability to manage and direct production team and installation crews
- Procurement/Contracting Experience
- Excellent customer interactive skills
- Planning / Scheduling skills
- A sense of urgency to meet schedules
- Project scheduling software proficiency (e.g. MS Project; Primavera; Smartsheet)
- CAD and blue print reading a plus
- Experience in acquiring municipality permits a plus
- PMP-certification a plus
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management and will have a natural strength in organization, communication, and leadership skills. They will also have experience in building condominiums, retail, and tenant improvement.
- Competitive base salary
- 401K contribution
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Discretionary bonus potential