To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Baltimore, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Assistant Property Manager - Baltimore
R Home Communities • Baltimore, MD
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Ensures a safe and attractive living environment for residents, exceptional quality and service, sustained resident satisfaction, operational efficiency, and strong financial results. Serves in the capacity of the Property Manager in his/her absence.Job Responsibilities
- Consistently and genuinely demonstrate the HEROES principles of HELPFUL, ENGAGED, RESPONSIVE, OUTSTANDING, EXCELLENCE and SUCCESS in all activities and interactions.
- Consistently and genuinely demonstrates the STARS principles of Service, Teamwork, Action, Reputation and Success in all activities and interactions.
- Interacts routinely with residents; communicates effectively, appropriately, and courteously with residents, associates, management and guests to ensure that all areas of concern are addressed promptly and professionally.
- Implements sales and marketing activities both on and off site to achieve occupancy goals; recommends strategies to adjust activities as needed in response to market conditions, competitive pressures, apartment turnovers, and other factors influencing occupancy; maintains knowledge of competitive properties and market trends and makes recommendations as appropriate.
- Complies with R Home’s policies and procedures and external regulatory requirements; ensures solid understanding of R Home’s operational and human resources policies and procedures.
- Ensures strict compliance with the Fair Housing Act, shows and leases apartments; qualifies prospective residents in compliance with program requirements; manages lease renewal process.
- Collects rents, monitors and manages delinquencies and collections, and maintains accurate records.
- Provides direction to the team in the absence of the Property Manager.
- Promotes resident services initiatives in conjunction with the Resident Services Department; drives efforts at the community level, engaging residents in social, educational, planned activities and events.
- Prepares, monitors, and distributes reports on a variety of operational and financial data.
- Assists in processing property expenses such as vendor invoices.
- Participates in and attends all required training sessions.
- Keeps Property Manager informed of any information that could affect property operations.
- Supports other communities as assigned by management.
- Other duties as assigned.
While this role has no direct reports, the Assistant Property Manager may act in a supervisory capacity, under the direction of the Property Manager. When participating in supervisory responsibilities such as recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning and directing the work of associates; appraising performance, rewarding and counseling associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems, s/he carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with R Home policies and applicable laws.Qualifications
- Minimum three years’ experience in property management, leasing, or a related field.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- NCHM COS (Certified Occupancy Specialist) & TCS (Tax Credit Specialist) Certification or equivalent certification from a nationally-recognized compliance training program and experience, or ability and commitment to obtain certifications at the next available course offering.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment demonstrating strong organizational and follow up skills along with an ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact, in English, with a diverse group of associates, residents and external agencies.
- Ability to apply reason, logic, and problem-solving skills to resolve typical operational issues.
- Ability to read, in English, at a level sufficient to understand policies and procedures, safety notices, general business correspondence and/or documentation.
- Strong computer and keyboarding skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and the ability to quickly master new applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Positive attitude, enthusiasm and energy. strong customer service orientation to older adults.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle a high volume of telephone calls.
- Possess and maintain timely and reliable transportation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the associate is often required to read, write, stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands, and arms, balance, stoop, kneel crouch, talk, and hear. An individual in this position will be required to push, lift or carry weight up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must also have the ability to access all areas of the community without the assistance of an elevator.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate must be available to work for temporary or extended periods at other locations. The associate is exposed to minimal to moderate noise. The associate may be required to work extended periods of time at a computer. While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to travel off-site.