Our client, a private research University, is actively looking for an Administrative Assistant to join their team in Chicago, IL! This person will be responsible for providing administrative support to a team of senior administrators, balancing multiple assignments simultaneously, and working independently with a broad range of people to service the student campus and community.
***This is a 1 month initial contract with the opportunity to extend or convert***
• Understand the formal and informal structures of the Campus and Student Life and the various departments as they relate to each office, thereby ensuring the smooth and effective operations of the office suite including anticipating needs for the office.
• Provide human resources administrative support on various projects and onboarding processes.
• Provide administrative support for senior administrators by scheduling meetings, appointments and coordinating logistics on calendars.
• Provide human resources administrative support, including posting jobs, selecting applicants to interview, scheduling interviews, conducting reference checks, and onboarding new staff.
• Assist in HR projects such as the merit process, performance reviews; utilize Workday to run reports and enter human resource transactions.
• Ensure proper payment for independent contractors and other vendors as necessary.
• Staff and provide logistical support for meetings and events (coordinate presentations and agenda items, distribute materials, take notes, follow up on action items, room reservations, vendor confirmation, catering orders, etc.)
• Serve in an office management capacity, ensuring office is well-maintained, including ordering of supplies, maintaining an environment that is organized and professional in appearance.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree.
• At least two years of progressively responsible administrative experience or higher education setting.
• Strong and broad computer skills (word processing, database, spreadsheet, e-mail, and web), including a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Knowledge and skills developed through 2-5 years of work experience in a related job discipline. S
• Experience with Workday or other HRIS.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Strong customer service skills and ability to interact with and serve a diverse population with professionalism, courtesy, clarity, and diplomacy.
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information with absolute discretion.
• Ability to maintain calm and courteous demeanor and to work productively despite heavy workload, competing priorities, complex problems, tight deadlines, and emergencies.
• Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing direction, new information, or new requirements.
• Excellent judgment and decision-making abilities
• Considerable skill in working both independently and as a team member Education,
• Vocational training, apprenticeships or the equivalent experience in related field