Responsibilities include collecting and reviewing employee information and timecards, calculating prorated paychecks, preparing and processing company payroll and maintaining accurate payroll records. This position will serve as a primary support to the Human Resources Manager whilst assisting the Accounting Department as requested.
• Be an expert in Paylocity (our payroll system) and continue to drive full usage of the tool.
• Collect banking information for direct deposit setup including H.S.A and all agency accounts.
• Enter timecards into Payroll system for Senior Vice Presidents.
• Process payroll through the Paylocity website; maintain electronic payroll book, monitor all quarterly filing by Payroll service; produce and distribute all year end forms, review payroll timesheets report for Human Resources, provide accounting staff with reports as requested.
• Prepare and submit bonus checks with proper coding.
• Update employee withholdings, contributions, and deductions including payroll book update.
• Detect and process issues related to uncollected payroll.
• Provide payroll estimates to accounting to initiate transfer in a timely manner.
• Record payroll against general ledger
• Process and monitor garnishment orders and other issues that impact payroll specifications.
• Respond to employee inquiries regarding payroll issues or concerns.
• Manage billing spreadsheet and produce supervision billing invoices with approval from the Controller.
• Assist in maintaining employee salary information, pay structure and bonus structures.
• Track PTO and unexpected absences
• Track Cobra payments received and record for billing, track Cobra payment deadlines.
• Keep current with the taxation of salaries, benefits and other factors.
• Prepare and submit payroll information for worker’s compensation and company insurance audits/renewals.
• Assist with compliance documentation including EEO-1 reporting, ERISA reporting and other required documentation as needed.
• Process insurance bills and send to Human Resources Manager for approval
• Coordinate creation of bank accounts for the Accounting Department
• Deposit receipts from other banks as needed.
• Order, cancel, and revise credit card limits for all employees as requested.
• Provide backup to the Office Administrator in their absence including mail distribution.
• Complete miscellaneous administrative and accounting responsibilities as requested.
Human Resources Assistance
• Provide general assistance on special projects as requested to support Human Resources Department.
• Maintain benefits and payroll section of the company intranet, Benefitsolver.
• Assist in the coordination and administration of company 401k and Employer Sponsored Health Plans.
• Enroll and terminate employee benefits as needed.
• Assist in managing Flexible spending plan changes; enroll employees, update deductions and deactivate members.
• Research HR laws, codes, regulations, rules and policies and general internal and external compliance as needed.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at
. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Payroll Specialist
for more information.
- Employee Benefits
- Human Resources
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act