Job Description Summary
The Semiconductors team at GE Research is looking for candidates who are interested in the research and development of novel Wide Band Gap (WBG) semiconductor devices. As a Senior Process Engineer you are responsible for leading fabrication projects, integration, process development, and sustaining and supporting equipment and processes. You will be working closely with an experienced, multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, technicians, and other stakeholders to create and deliver state-of-the-art semiconductor solutions for our diverse customers.
Roles and Responsibilities
* Lead projects related to device fabrication, process development and characterization
* Own critical complex steps or process flows in the wafer fabrication process
* Monitor and drive continuous improvement of yield, cycle time, and equipment uptime
* Define, execute, and analyze critical DOEs for process development and improvement
* Communicate technical information to senior leadership outside of the department
* Provide technical expertise in semiconductor materials, device fabrication, process development, metrology, statistical process control, and failure analysis
* Work directly with customers to understand their needs and identify future opportunities
* Contribute to internal and external white papers and proposals
* Address requirements with regards to quality assurance, non-conformance events, engineering developments and compliance to applicable regulatory standards
* Establish and grow an external network of collaborators in academia, government, and industry
* Develop a public record of expertise with patents, conference presentations and publishing in peer-reviewed journals
* Ph.D. in engineering, science or a related discipline with a minimum of 5 years of related experience in processing and integration or an MS degree in an engineering, science or a related discipline with a minimum of 8 years of related experience in processing and integration or a BS degree in engineering, science, or a related discipline with a minimum of 10 years of related experience in processing and integration
* Knowledge and experience in overall device fabrication, wafer processing, equipment, metrology, electrical testing
* Depth of knowledge and practical experience with wet, sputter, and/or dry etch processing
* Demonstrated ability to design, execute, analyze, experiment and implement changes to achieve a desired outcome
* Demonstrated ability to communicate and report status in a clear and organized fashion, tailoring messages as needed to audiences such as peers, management, leadership and customers
* Demonstrated ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team to provide engineering support and mentorship to colleagues
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
* Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
* Must be 18 years or older.
* You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
* Hands-on experience in the fabrication of WBG (e.g. SiC, GaN, gallium oxide, diamond) semiconductors devices
* Understanding of six-sigma, design of experiments, data-driven statistics and analytical methods towards optimization and specification of process windows
* Demonstrated ability to effectively lead projects
* Experience with specifying, procuring, and qualifying semiconductor processing equipment
* Excellent communication skills and ability to interface across all functions/levels including technicians, senior leaders and customers with clarity and confidence
* A proven record of research and development in WBG or other device development through peer-reviewed publications, conference proceedings, and journal publications.
* Experience in the preparation of proposals for external funding agencies and assessing technology landscape for developing competitive advantage and roadmaps
* Ability to identify creative solutions to complex technical challenges or business needs
* High levels of curiosity, independence, creativity
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Requirements
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Cycle Time Variation