To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Paramus, NJ 07652
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Merchant Services Senior Inside Sales Consultant
M&T Bank • Paramus, NJ
Posted 28 days ago
Title: Merchant Services Senior Inside Sales Consultant
• Call on prospective clients to develop new Merchant Services business.
• Work with Relationship Managers, Business Bankers, and Branch Managers to develop sales proposals and sell merchant services.
• Keep business partners abreast of sales activities and pipeline status.
• Provide timely implementation of new accounts won by accurate and thorough completion of required documentation.
• Identify cross sell opportunities and refer business to internal partners.
• Manage merchant risk in underwriting and account maintenance efforts. Determine and respond to risk levels of prospective and existing clients. Work independently to prepare merchant services sales presentations and proposals presenting product benefits and M&T Bank’s value proposition.
• Work under general supervision, and in accordance with bank policies, to recommend pricing and participate in pricing decisions.
• Assist sales manager in executing sales strategies, meeting department goals, day to day operations, and administration of work flow.
• Provide training and coaching to less experience staff.
• Perform on-going training of business partners on Merchant Services products in order to increase their effectiveness as referral sources.
• Maintain departmental reports utilizing Enterprise Relationship Management (ERM)
• Perform other tasks and responsibilities upon request.
Nature and Scope:
• The position is responsible for actively contributing to the development, expansion and maintenance of the bank’s Merchant Services business.
• The position requires a strong understanding of merchant risk with demonstrated proficiency in determining and responding to risk levels of prospect and existing clients.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
• Bachelor’s degree or four (4) years relevant experience in lieu of degree.
• Minimum two (2) years banking experience and two years (2) merchant or relevant sales experience.
Ideal Qualifications Preferred:
• Highly organized and self-motivated with the proven ability to function in an independent and professional manner.
• Strong sales aptitude with a solid comfort level for performing in a results-oriented atmosphere.
• Technical aptitude to comprehend merchant equipment and software.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
• Personal computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products.
• We encourage candidates with relevant military experience to apply.
Job Posting: Nov 21, 2017, 12:48:00 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing