You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Help Desk Program Manager
Position is contingent upon award
Performs day-to-day management of federal help desk support operations managing 125+ employees in a 24X7 environment, including scheduling and training. Organizes, directs, and coordinates the planning and production of all support activities.
•Managing multiple projects and groups of personnel at multiple locations, including on-site and remote.
•Prioritizing project deliverables including but not limited to inventory management, shipping logistics, and managing equipment warranties.
•Developing and enforcing a quality control program.
•Meeting or exceeding program Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
Education and Experience
•This position requires at least 6 years of experience and a master’s degree required.
•Proven ability to manage a federal helpdesk, operating 24X7 desk in a multichannel environment with over 2,000 contacts per day
•Project Management Experience
•Exceptional oral and written communication,
•Excellent Time Management skills
Ability to gain a public trust clearance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for strategic oversight of IT Help Desk team, IT PC Support Team, IT User Provisioning Team, or IT Infrastructure Administration team.
- Develop and generate daily/weekly/monthly management reports and other ad hoc reports, as needed.
- Lead, develop, and motivate staff, solidify succession plan, and enhance management's capability to meet strategic and operational objectives.
- Provide leadership within the project, resulting in effective implementation of business strategies and achievement of quality, profit, growth and other desired objectives.
- Ensure that the client programs assigned meet all contract deliverables and run in the most effective way possible.
- Receive assignments in the form of objectives and determine how to use the resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Recommend changes to policies and established procedures.
- Interact with different levels of external and internal customers.
- Directs and controls the activities of a broad functional area through several department managers within the company.
- Has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to methods.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company.
- Participates in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people.
- Ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements.
- Regularly interacts with executives and/or major customers. Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with customers or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization.
- Reports to Senior Director or VP level.
Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Help Desk Program Manager
As a large employer and Federal contractor, Maximus is subject to various vaccine mandates across our lines of business. Maximus is committed to complying with any applicable vaccine mandates. The specific vaccine requirements for this position will be outlined throughout the selection process. Individuals who believe they may qualify for a medical or religious accommodation will have the opportunity to apply for an accommodation following an offer of employment. EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies Maximus deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. Maximus is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Maximus provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
- Business Strategies
- Corporate Development
- Financial Management
- Help Desk
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: g3689db
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.