APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED FROM: ALL PERSONS INTERESTED
DIVISION: RECREATION & WELLNESSDESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
REPORTING LOCATION: VARIOUS*
WORKDAYS & HOURS: M – Th; 8:15– 11:15 a.m. & 4:15-7:15 p.m.*
*Subject to change
The Houston Parks and Recreation Department is dedicated to building a sustainable community and enhancing the quality of urban life by providing safe well-maintained parks and offering affordable programming for our community. To achieve this mission, HPARD is seeking a Recreation Assistant-Lead Tennis Instructor (Seasonal)
to join its Recreation and Wellness.
The potential candidate will play a key role in the following duties:
- Conduct tennis classes for children at neighborhood park sites and community centers. Maintain and operate program, equipment and facilities in a safe, responsible manner.
- Provide positive role model for youth, promoting healthy, active and structured environment. Implement tennis, educational and creative curriculum for students.
- Keep accurate records regarding student registration and participation.
- Work independently while aware of team goals and objectives.
- Assist in marketing the program to the community.
- Must secure transportation to multiple sites, check out/transport program equipment, turn in attendance and paperwork, and return all materials at the end of the season.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes morning and afternoon classes.
- May be required to work weekends or special events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position will require stooping, bending, and the ability to lift up to 20 pounds. May be required to work outdoors.
Requires up to at least 11 years of formal schooling.EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
No experience is required.LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
May require a valid Texas driver's license and compliance with the City of Houston's policy on driving.
Preference will be given to applicants with the following attributes:
- Applicants with 6 months of verifiable Tennis Instructor experience with a school, Tennis organization or the Houston Parks & Recreation Youth Tennis Program.**Eligible veteran applicants provided such persons possess the qualifications necessary for competent discharge of the duties involved in the position applied for, such persons are among the most qualified candidates for the position, and all other factors in accordance with Executive Order 1-6.**
- Applicants who can work both shifts, for 8 weeks plus one week of training.
SELECTION/SKILLS TESTS REQUIRED
The selection process will involve application review and/or interview.SAFETY IMPACT POSITION YES
If yes, this position is subject to random drug testing and if a promotional position, candidate must pass an assignment drug test.SALARY INFORMATION
Factors used in determining the salary offered include the candidate's qualifications as well as the pay rates of other employees in this classification. The salary range is:
Pay Grade 3
APPLICATION PROCEDURESOnly online applications
will be accepted for this City of Houston job and must be received by the Human Resources Department during posting opening and closing dates shown. Applications must be submitted online at:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to RECREATION ASST - Lead Tennis Instructor (Seasonal Temporary)
To view your detailed application status, please log-in to your online profile by visiting: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to RECREATION ASST - Lead Tennis Instructor (Seasonal Temporary)
If you need special services or accommodations, call
). (TTY 7-1-1).
If you need login assistance or technical support call
.Due to the high volume of applications received, the Hiring Department will contact you directly, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.
All new and rehires must pass a pre-employment drug test and are subject to a physical examination and verification of information provided.EEO Equal Employment Opportunity The City of Houston is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
- Event Management
- File Manager
- Self Motivation