EAF Electrical Engineer
Cleveland-Cliffs has an immediate opening for an EAF (Electrical Arc Furnace) Electrical Engineer at our Coatesville location. This position will be responsible for the improvement of the life span of the sites’ equipment through condition monitoring, analysis, and improvement activities.
- Ensure compliance with safety, quality, and environmental standards.
- Continuously improve equipment reliability through best maintenance practices.
- Perform detailed technical calculations pertaining to equipment and electrical computations and communicate with team members to resolve any questions or issues as needed.
- Recommend and/or perform predictive, preventative, and emergency maintenance on equipment.
- Resolve equipment malfunctions, including those requiring scheduled shutdowns or breakdown action.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
- Manage the planning, scheduling, and cost controlling of maintenance and engineering projects.
- Manage technical aspects of assigned projects in accordance with customer contract requirements, budget, and production schedule. Seek methods or procedures that reduce costs and/or increase production efficiencies.
- Complete project responsibilities for design, specification, review and development of electrical equipment or systems.
- Analyze current operating performance and standard operating procedures and make recommendations for improvement.
- Supervise a crew of hourly maintenance employees, and uphold and enforce safety, environmental, job procedures, and maintain general discipline of the crew.
- Communicate with upstream and downstream operations and contractors to coordinate work, deliveries, and service.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
- Three (3) years of experience in a heavy industrial environment.
- Proven communication (verbal and written), analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Must be able to work in a hot, dusty environment. Climbing stairs, ladders, and walking inclines. Able to work/walk safely on uneven surfaces.
- Must be able to perform duties on different shifts for a multi-level organization which operates 24/7
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Cleveland-Cliffs is the largest flat-rolled steel company and the largest iron ore pellet producer in North America. The company is vertically integrated from mining through iron making, steelmaking, rolling, finishing and downstream with hot and cold stamping of steel parts and components.
As a company, we are doing what we can to keep all our employees safe and healthy. It is the current expectation that all Cleveland-Cliffs employees will be vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as possible. Before accepting an offer of employment, you must certify that you are fully vaccinated. Cleveland-Cliffs reserves the right to require proof of vaccination.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to or call
- Engineering experience in steel mill, manufacturing, process, production, or equivalent facility.
- Electrical background with steel industry experience.
1-(312) 899-3097 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address will not be considered.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Installation Work
- Logistics Operations