Only Those with a Passion to Change Lives Qualify.
At Southern Careers Institute (SCI), the core of what we do is passion. We're passionate about putting our students first to help improve their lives through education and career training. It's this passion that drives everything we do, and if you feel you have it burning in your belly, we want to talk.
We call it being a life changer, but you'll call it a job you love while helping others find the same. You'll have a hand in improving the lives of countless SCI students throughout Texas by working with impassioned educators and campus faculty in a collaborative, interactive environment to create optimized environment for our students.
As the enrolling Admissions Manager, you will play a vital role in planning and managing the Institute's inquiry and admission of new students at assigned campus. This position is responsible to meet or exceed the company's new student objectives and will have the opportunity to perform the following.
What you can expect when joining SCI:
- Training & Development
- Fun & Energetic, Family-Based Environment
- Continuous Growth Opportunities
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Options
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Options (HSA & FSA)
- Basic Life & Accident Insurance
- Short & Long-term Disability
- 401K Retirement Plan
- SCI is an Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
* Under the direction of the Campus Director and COO, design and implement a comprehensive plan, including a revolving 90 day and 6 month strategies, of admissions of new students to the Institute;
* Manage the admissions team and provide training targeted at improving performance;
* Manage the admissions process from point of inquiry through second course;
* Present the school to prospective students, which includes systematic and efficient handling of applications and communication with candidates; tours of the institution; interviews with candidates; arrangements for admissions testing; securing of necessary student credentials; enrolling, and communicating final decisions to the appropriate individuals;
* Promote good relationships and create networking opportunities and support for representatives with outside institutions or groups that can be helpful in attracting quality students. Attend outreach opportunities in the community;
* Conduct community events that promote the development of community relationships and produce inquiries;
* Build a professional relationship with students to assist the staff in maintaining and improving the student retention and successful completion;
* Maintain all admissions records mandated by the company, and state, accrediting and federal agencies;
* Keep relevant statistics on all aspects of the admission and re-entry program;
* Identify strengths and weaknesses of Admissions Representatives by utilizing all statistical data available and determine what corrective measures should be utilized;
* Communicate to the Campus Director any obstacles standing in the way of achieving goals;
* Other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will have:
* Minimum of 2 years' experience in admissions or closely related field;
* Bachelor's Degree highly preferred; Associates Degree required;
* Management experience in post-secondary education or related industry;
* Strong knowledge of MS Office suite;
* Proven ability to succinctly and clearly communicate, both verbally and in writing;
* Strong telephone and problem-solving skills;
* Proven ability to motivate and inspire team members;
* Marketing and promotional experience.
About Southern Careers Institute
SCI has been changing lives for over 50 years, now and we're just getting started. We offer certification-based training with programs in Medical, Business, Cosmetology, Skilled-Trades and Technology with campuses spanning across central and south Texas as well as online. Our students can graduate most of our programs in under one year and with real-world experience under their belt.
Sensitive Compartmented Information (Sci Clearance)
Complex Problem Solving