To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Arlington, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Facilities Security Officer
PAE • Arlington, VA
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the WorldFacilities Security Officer
Facilities Security Officer (FSO)
PAE has an immediate opening for an experienced Facility Security Officer (FSO) supporting our Global Mission Services (GMS) business unit. This position is located at our corporate headquarters in Arlington, VA, and requires at least an active Top Secret (TS) security clearance. Candidates who do not currently hold this level of clearance will not be considered.
The successful applicant will manage all aspects of the National Industrial Security Program (NISP) within an assigned GMS business area supporting US Government (USG) contracts. The position reports directly to the GMS Security Manager, and requires daily contact with GMS program managers, other functional support organizations, the Dubai Shared Service Center and the PAE Security Shared Services Center (SSC). The Department of State (DoS) and the Department of Defense (DoD) are primary GMS government customers, and customer familiarity will be a critical component to success in the position. Keys to success are strong understanding of USG contracts/associated subcontracts, customer service skills, follow up to action items, leadership, initiative, remaining proactive, being an effective communicator, and flexibility.
- Management and implementation of the National Industrial Security Program (NISP) and other security activities for all Arlington, VA-based CAGEs/FCLs. This includes, but is not limited to: all NISPOM compliance matters, ensuring/overseeing proper document control, visitor control, personnel security, DSS and Diplomatic Security compliance, clearance and suitability processing, preparation of subcontract DD Form 254's for classified contracting, visit requests, and security aspects of prime and sub-contracts.
- Provide timely and accurate Industrial Security guidance to Human Resources, Recruiting, Contracts, Subcontracts and Senior Management.
- Provides liaison with Diplomatic Security (i.e. DS/IS/IND), the DSS and other DoD/Intelligence Community (IC) agencies.
- Continual use of JPAS, e-QIP and personnel security databases in the processing and tracking of GMS personnel security clearances, suitability determinations (e.g., DoS MRPTs) and associated investigation requirements.
- Oversees/prepares initiation, processing and ensuring tracking of the appropriate documentation and correspondence relating to the origination, transfer, reciprocity, maintenance and termination of personnel security clearance/suitability determination investigations/re-investigations for GMS’s government contracts.
- Ensure all Arlington, VA DSS Security Vulnerability Assessments (SVAs) achieve a Satisfactory, Commendable or Superior rating. Ensure any corrective actions from SVAs are completed and reported to DSS in a timely manner.
- Ensure all applicable entities’ SF328 documentation is properly recorded, updated/reported, including changes of KMP/officers, board resolutions, FOCI matters, etc.
- Coordinates and implements the PAE Security Education program, particularly annual DSS training requirements.
- Participate closely with the PAE GMS Business Development team to ensure security is represented early in any business opportunities they are considering. This includes responsibility for Security Volumes or input to GMS RFP responses.
- Assist the GMS Security Manager with budget and staffing planning and implementation.
- Assist the GMS Security Manager with updating and generating new PAE security policies as relevant to GMS.
- Leads or participate in GMS security-related investigation, particularly involving GMS personnel possessing a USG clearance or suitability determination or the suspected loss of classified/proprietary information.
- Review, publish, and maintain GMS Security Standard Practice Procedures (SPP) manual.
- Prepare FCL Sponsorship documentation for subcontractors.
- Provide guidance on the proper marking techniques for classified documentation and media.
- Ensure that USG approved facility/physical security measures are used to secure classified information.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Must possess and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance at the Top Secret level or higher
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of college and experience, or 4-6 years related Industrial Security experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
- Must have at least 2 years of experience as a DSS certified Facility Security Officer (FSO)
- Must be experienced with JPAS, Intelligence Community processes and procedures and e-QIP
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat applications
- Knowledge and experience using security information management database applications
- Demonstrated experience conducting business presentations
- Must have excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Must be flexible to meet worldwide/time zone windows for communication
- 3+ years of experience as a DSS certified FSO operating in a possessing facility environment
- Expert knowledge of NISPOM
- Experience with Department of State personnel security clearance and suitability processing
- Full understanding of relevant Department of State/DoD security procedures and policies
- Experience working with USG contracts/subcontracts to ensure compliance with applicable USG requirements
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Customer-focused and mission-driven
- Organized and efficient
- An IT or tech-savvy mindset
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.