Our client, a Financial Company in Northern Virginia, is looking for a Tier II Helpdesk Specialist to join their growing team! If you have a can-do attitude, 2-3+ years of Helpdesk experience in an Enterprise/Corporate Environment and are looking to be part of a highly motivated team, this position is for you! This Service Desk Analyst job is for someone who can represent the Service Desk by liaising with 2nd and 3rd level teams to help transition new and changing services. You might end up creating knowledge articles and arranging training for other Service Desk Analysts when needed. Can you handle complex end-user support issues and provide support to team members by focusing and restoring service to the end users? This job might be for you. You should also understand Incident, Problem, Change Management and other processes. We need the person in this position to know how these processes work together to provide superior support and high availability of our business. We're looking for a self-confident, motivated person with a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills who enjoys a fast-paced, team-driven environment, so if that's you, we invite you to apply! This is a full-time opportunity. For immediate consideration email:
- Create accounts in Active Directory and facilitate user account management: Onboarding, change and departure processes
- Troubleshoot end user issues: Provide root-cause analysis on various web and mobile applications; handle escalated tickets relating to server/network related issues
- Maintain hardware and peripherals: Responsible for upgrading and replacing computer parts; handle documentation and asset inventory
- Provide a point of escalation from the Tier 1 technicians and guide Tier 1 support and team members
- Meet and exceed SLA standards: Close tickets in a timely manner, while upholding customer service standards
- Understand concepts related to networks, servers, PCs, databases, proprietary systems, etc.
- Excellent Customer service and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to multitask, collaborate and communicate well with individuals of all backgrounds in a fast-paced environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of Computer Imaging (MDT is a plus!)
- Experience with Antivirus software
- Demonstrated experience creating a golden image
- MS Windows 7 in an Active Directory environment experience
- General familiarity with Microsoft Office Suites
- Imaging experience
- Well-founded grasp of Microsoft Office
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft Office Word
- Quality experience with Microsoft Office Tools
- Wide ranging experience with Microsoft Outlook
- Command of Desktop Imaging
- It is preferred for applicants to have technical skills to serve as escalation point for handling incidents and service requests related to application, operating system and other service related problems
- Critical thinking, problem solving, ability to work independently
- Able to analyze complex business problems, propose effective solutions and understand and apply business vision and direction
- Can work independently with minimal supervision
- 3+ years' of experience supporting desktop/server operating systems and technologies such as Active Directory, DNS, Exchange and VMware
- A combination of superior customer service skills and technical aptitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ideal candidate has ITIL certification
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.