To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
LyondellBasell • Houston, TX
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
The Operations Supervisor (FLS) is responsible to lead, supervise and manage the performance and professional development of the Console and Field Operators across multiple Lines of Progression. This individual is accountable for the safe execution of the refinery operating plan.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provides guidance, leadership and coaching to shift operators across multiple LOPs and Console(s)
- Ensures safe execution of the refinery operating plan as well as the Asset Team Operation plan managing conflicts between the two
- Ensures that the HSE policies and procedures are adhered to
- Manages console and field operators training and performance through dialog, coaching and performance management
- Gives continuous feedback to Ops Specialist on execution and operability of the plan and manages changes to the plan off hours.
- Ensures correct pay entry and staffing of operators (coordinates special assignments and step-ups) along with movement of AUO for vacancy coverage.
- Ensures compliance with operating rounds and routine duties
- Reviews notifications written during the shift for validity, quality and priority and provides feedback to the operators.
- Completes schedule break forms for all call outs and supports the schedule break review process.
- Ensures equipment is ready for maintenance as scheduled (manages deviations from plan - coordinating with OMC) and is identified on the Equipment not ready list is not.
- Identifies and enforces areas that Ops flex can be utilized
- Composes shift notes throughout the shift that tells the shift story
- Coaches/audits operator shift turnover for LOP and console positions
- Provide information and attends workability and priority meetings per MOWP
- Supervises the console and field operators on assigned shift to safely execute the refinery operating plan
- Reports daily operation results to Asset Manager and PSS in off hours.
- Relays threats and ensures alignment on key objectives for the shift to asset team and PSS
- Addresses on-shift problems with regard to safety, environmental, equipment, process or personnel issues and escalates them appropriately
- Ensures that issues are reported, investigated and resolved in a timely manner and corrective action is taken where appropriate
- Coordinates with Asset Manager and Coaches Corner on FLS development
- Ensure alignment and coordination of key refinery objectives with other Asset Team FLSs on assigned shift
- Ensures compliance in the operations roles of MOWP
- High school diploma or GED
- A minimum of 5 years of operations experience in a refining / petrochemical manufacturing environment OR a minimum of 3 years of experience in a refining / petrochemical manufacturing environment and a minimum of a Process Technology degree
- Must have the ability and flexibility to supervise any area of the Refinery.
- Requires good computer skills.
- Must be willing and able to work a 12 hour a day, rotating shift schedule.
- Successful candidate must have a demonstrated commitment to health & safety work processes
- Refining operations experience is preferred.
- Experience and understanding of working under a Union contract preferred.
- Experience using SAP is preferred.
Builds effective teams:
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity:
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston