To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fairfax County, VA
- Karleigh Chavez
- Phone: 7032701540 x6151
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Cloud Architect (Azure)
ECS Federal, LLC • Fairfax County, VA
Posted 6 days ago
ECS is seeking a Senior Cloud Architect (Azure) to work in our Fairfax, VA office. Please Note: This position is contingent upon contract award.
In order to meet the evolving needs of Federal Government, ECS has unique capabilities and expertise in Cloud Computing to help our customers achieve their goals and meet new Cloud-First mandates. Today, we stand out as a Cloud Leader.
We now have an exciting opportunity for an Azure Cloud Architect to join our team in supporting a large Federal Government program with the following roles and responsibilities
Cloud Architect will join our Enterprise Solutions team and transform Government Intelligence, Defense, Civilian, and Law Enforcement client solutions from on-premises to cloud-based solutions. The Cloud Architect works closely with stakeholders to gather technical requirements, architect solutions and execute on deliverables. The Cloud Architect leads and coordinates the work of an integrated project team comprised of multiple technical disciplines, specifically including developers, subject matter experts, database administrators, system administrators, and system architects to implement and maintain enterprise-level information technology applications. The Architect serves as a technical advisor to management concerning the planning, development, design, procurement, maintenance and implementation of enterprise-level systems Microsoft Azure to support highly-available, scalable, and secure applications. The Cloud Architect designs and executes architecture blueprints and bring solution to reality with a DevSecOps mindset & culture. The Cloud Architect builds and configures build plans, code pipelines and creates automated solutions that can be re-used. As a subject matter expert, Cloud Architect promotes the latest technologies and tools to provide better efficiency and solution to client teams. ECS is a Microsoft Gold Partner in Cloud Platform and Cloud Productivity, a Google Cloud Premier Partner and AWS Premier Partner. As a Cloud Architect there is opportunities to gain experience across all three platforms.
- Must be US Citizen or Green Card Holder
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Bachelor of Science degree
- 5 or more years of experience doing application and/or infrastructure solution architecture
- 2 or more years of experience building cloud architecture with Azure, using Azure Resource Manager, Azure IaaS, PaaS offerings and services in Azure Commercial, and/or Azure for Government
- 3 years of hands-on experience migrating customers to the cloud and designing DevOps operational processes, deployment checklists, etc
- Experience and understanding of Infrastructure as Code, Automation, and Orchestration
- Experience deploying web and service-based applications in Windows/Linux environments
- Experience in working through an ATO process
- Working knowledge of at least one configuration management tool, such as Ansible, Chef, and/or Puppet
- Experience writing effective PowerShell scripts
- Experience with monitoring tools, such as Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS), certificates and SSL management
- Experience with Azure Resource Templates
- Ability to work efficiently and meet project deadlines with limited supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MCSE in Azure, or another Azure certification
- General understanding of Microservices, such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Understanding of firewalls, NAT and packet filtering
- Working knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, and load balancing
- General understanding of CMS applications, .Net Framework and/or .Net Core Strong desire to learn new technologies
- Configuration and maintenance of common applications and protocols
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.