SoC Hardware Architect - Security
This vacancy is within MME MCU/MPU SoC Implementation organization, a central Physical Design group responsible for end-to-end Physical implementation of the sub-systems and SoCs for the Automotive Processors and/or Advanced microcontrollers in NXP. This position is specifically for a SoC hardware architect focused on security features in complex SoCs.
• Work with cross-functional architecture teams to develop holistic system-level SoC platform security architectures targeting a specific product class or developing a specific technology solution which is scalable across a wide-range of product types and tiers.
• Deliver security architecture specifications which include detailed system-level use-case definitions, hardware/software partitioning, alignment with existing industry standards, and relevant key performance indicators (KPIs).
• Collaborate with design and execution teams throughout the entire product development cycle to ensure your solution is successfully deployed in commercial product.
• Developing specifications for both internal and 3rd-party IP, participating in make v. buy analysis, and selecting the right IP.
- Experience in designing or architecting complex SoCs in leading-edge process nodes with multiple independent compute environments.
- Exposure to ISO26262-compliant, ISO-21434 compliant, and mixed-criticality architectures.
- Deep knowledge of cryptographic security, and virtualization/isolation/access control.
- Expertise in one or more the following technical areas: reset, boot, debug, test, virtualization/memory access control, verification.
- Ability to work at the system-level, identifying optimal partitioning of solutions between hardware and software, working closely with software architects to achieve system security goals.
- Track record of assessing implications of security to performance, power, and area tradeoffs and determining the correct balance for a given product type.
- Experience with industry tools including DesignPDM, DOORS, JIRA.
Cross functional aspects:
- Security architects interact with many other disciplines, including SoC Architecture, SW Architecture, IP Design, Product Line Owners, Program Managers, Verification and Validation, and Production Test.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or other similar discipline with at least 10 years of relevant experience.
- Master's degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science with 15 or more years of experience preferred.
Open to Austin, TX & San Diego, CA. Other locations in USA possible.
- Access Controls
- Automotive Industry
- Computer Engineering