To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Madison, WI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Payroll Specialist
QTI Group • Madison, WI
Posted 22 days ago
Experience - 5 years
Degree - 4 Year Degree
Other Great Industries
The QTI Group has opportunities developing with local companies to recruit and hire payroll professionals! The following is a general description of what they are looking for, but some requirements and duties might flex, depending on the particular client needs. Most require payroll experience dealing with multiple entities in fast-paced environments but we are open to reviewing candidates at all levels for opportunities now or in the future.
- Ensure timely and accurate payroll services by analyzing, preparing, and inputting payroll data and processing payroll for multiple companies maintaining compliance in all transactions
- Provide expertise by relaying payroll and compliance knowledge when responding to payroll-related inquiries and requests
- Understand, process and comply with garnishment and levy orders
- Coordinate daily direct deposit transmissions and electronic fund transfers
- Ensure timely processing of banking transactions, including review of ACH reports
- Determine payroll liabilities by calculating and validating employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer’s social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments
- Maintain records by updating database and files with necessary compliance and payroll information
- Compile reports for budget, auditing, tax, unemployment insurance, workers’ compensation, and other purposes
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Human Resources or other field preferred – may consider experience in lieu of degree
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in payroll, payroll tax and wage attachment processing and proven customer service skills in a payroll environment, preferably multi-entity
- Experience in benefits administration is a plus
- Ability to produce timely, accurate and compliant payrolls - strong attention to detail in review of work and compliance, organizational, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- FCP/CPP preferred
- Ability to be customer-focused in all interactions including excellent verbal and written communication
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced team environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
Job ID: bh_3121
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.