To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Jose, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
PayPal • San Jose, CA
Posted 26 days ago
PayPal Corporate Controllership has an exciting opportunity for a talented Senior Accountant, who will be responsible for the accounting and financial reporting for a variety of corporate and general ledger activities. This role based in San Jose, CA will support critical accounting operations and financial statement reporting for PayPal corporate functions.
The primary responsibilities include day-to-day corporate accounting operations and financial reporting activities and driving global initiatives to enhance accounting and reporting systems, processes and controls.
- Manage the month-end/quarter-end close activities. Review journal entries, account reconciliations, roll-forwards, and flux analysis, etc.
- Work with third party vendor and stock admin to ensure accurate and timely accounting and financial disclosures on Stock Based Compensations expenses and disclosures, and EPS share count calculations for company-wide stock compensation plans.
- Coordinate with regional controllerships on statutory reporting and IFRS related stock based compensation matters.
- Work with software engineering teams and FP&A to ensure accurate and timely accounting on software development capitalization for PayPal globally. Validate inputs data, perform reasonableness analysis and review software development capitalization roll-forwards, etc.
- Review the accounting for company-wide bonus/incentive plan accruals, payroll, fringe benefits (health insurance, leave programs, retirements, etc.), legal reserves and various operating expense accruals, fixed assets, prepaids, etc.
- Work with various cross-functional teams (e.g. Compensation, HR operations, legal, and business units etc.) to ensure accurate and timely accounting and financial disclosures. Ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with GAAP and compliance to internal policies.
- Interface with external auditors and SOX teams related to the corporate accounting and financial reporting.
- Support process improvement efforts to drive the efficiency and effectiveness of the corporate accounting functions. Partner with cross-functional teams to enhance the internal control environment and simplify and streamline the end-to-end processes.
- Work on other special projects in Corporate Controllership involving accounting systems, data integrity, general ledger reporting and optimization, and other compliance issues, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum 5 years of relevant accounting and finance experiences; proficient in US GAAP and relevant accounting and financial reporting matters.
- “Big 4” public accounting experiences preferred
- Financial systems knowledge and expertise with core financial/accounting applications (e.g. SAP)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to articulate ideas and plans clearly and effectively with internal and external audiences
- Good teamwork skills to build collaborative and win/win relationships
- Ability to independently and simultaneously manage various tasks and projects and work under deadlines
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.