General Job Description
- Perform installations, preventative maintenance and remedial repair maintenance on complex electronic / electro-mechanical semiconductor capital equipment.
- Create and maintain a high level of customer delight through advanced customer service skills, implementing fast quality responses to both internal and external customers while maintaining a safety first mentality.
- Be capable of working completely independent of supervision on highly complex problems while meeting project/task timelines, objectives and goals.
- Have the ability to develop action plans for problem resolution and present to internal and external customers.
- Develop improvements for processes, hardware and software for continuous improvement of equipment / business operations.
- Coach / mentor lower level FSE’s to higher level skill sets..
- Have the ability to assist in customer escalations and manage beta-site projects.
- Have the ability to troubleshoot process problems of medium complexity along with writing procedures and processes for standard field service activities.
- Travel of at least 65% for both domestic and international locations may be required
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college in electrical engineering / electronics technology or Associates degree in electronics / electro-mechanical with up to 5 years of semiconductor fabrication maintenance experience In ALD, PECVD, EPI or Diffusion.
- Up to 5 years field service / customer support background and/or up to 5 years manufacturing experience in final assembly or test of semiconductor capital equipment.
- Knowledge in any or all of the following areas is a plus: wafer fab, closed loop gas and vacuum control, RG induced plasma, electro-pneumatic controls, microprocessor based controllers, robotics, basic concepts of software, toxic and/or flammable gasses and acids.
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity, and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short-term project engagements or prefer contract-to-hire or direct-hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. URL blocked - click to apply
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)