What you'll do...
Leads and participates in teams in Facilities Management- HVAC/R by using and sharing resources, information, and tools; determining Customer needs and business priorities; coordinating and executing work assignments; providing advice, feedback, and support to ensure timelines and work quality are achieved; and modeling and helping others with how to adapt to change or new challenges.
Oversees and implements special projects for field operations by collecting data; evaluating new technology capabilities; correcting deficiencies; and providing suggestions for changes and improvements.
Provides required paperwork by completing forms (for example, expense vouchers, weekly summaries, refrigerant logs, work orders); and submitting to senior leadership.
Ensures compliance with applicable Occupational Safety and Health Administration and Environmental Protection Agency regulations and guidelines by performing work according to practices and procedures outlined in the Walmart heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVAC/R) safety policy and environmental guidelines; and reclaiming ozone-depleting refrigerants.
Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state, and local HVAC/R industry regulations and guidelines (for example, building codes, indoor air quality , cold chain requirements) by conducting inspections; and making repairs.
Maintains quality standards by inspecting installations and modifications of new HVAC/R equipment and Energy Management Systems (EMS); ensuring contract compliance; and identifying and reporting deficiencies.
Ensures available resources for HVAC/R maintenance and repair by managing refrigerant levels and parts inventory; recording HVAC/R purchases and usage; tracking and ordering HVAC/R parts; and developing relationships with HVAC/R parts suppliers and contractors.
Ensures financial sustainability by compiling and reporting budget information to the regional manager of Facilities; requesting replacement HVAC/R equipment for facilities; submitting warranty claims; reviewing journals and invoices; conducting price comparisons of refrigerant, parts, and travel related costs; and developing scopes of work for projects (for example, rooftop units , condenser coil replacements).
Provides training (for example, safety, control troubleshooting, oil system operation and adjustment) by traveling to company facilities for on-site sessions; performing on-site HVAC/R repairs for hands-on learning; evaluating the Technician skill sets; and reporting back to senior leadership.
Ensures working order of HVAC/R, and EMS, and direct digital control equipment by troubleshooting, diagnosing, maintaining, and repairing equipment; performing major and minor preventive maintenance; providing feedback about troubleshooting best practices; and managing district workloads with external service providers.
Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Live our Values
* Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
* Is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
* Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; supports innovation and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
* Implements and supports continuous improvements and willingly embraces new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
* Delivers results while putting the customer first and applying an omnimerchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
* Adopts a broad perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
* Embraces diversity in all its forms and actively supports diversity of ideas and perspectives, as well as diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
* Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively to achieve objectives; communicates with
impact to a range of audiences; and demonstrates energy and positivity for own work.
* Contributes to an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, demonstrates engagement and commitment to the team, and recognizes others'
contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Vocational or Technical HVAC/R certification and 5 years' experience in mechanical maintenance or construction-related field for commercial HVAC/R and building controls OR 7 years' experience in mechanical maintenance or construction-related field for commercial HVAC/R and building controls or related field.
Passing score on Ramsey Technician Level 3 HVAC/R test.
Type I/Type II Environmental Protection Agency Certification for Refrigerant handling.
6 months' experience installing, repairing, and troubleshooting commercial HVAC/R equipment.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Completion of a 2-year Vocational or Technical HVAC/R program, Intermediate level functionality of word processing, spreadsheet, email, and presentation software (for example, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Mechanical license in city and/or state where job is located
79295 US HWY 111, LA QUINTA, CA 92253-2060, United States of America
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
* Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
* Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
* Associate discounts in-store and online
* Education assistance for Associate and dependents
* Parental Leave
* Pay during military service
* Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
* Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Frequently asked questions
* On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
On average, it takes 45-60 minutes to complete your application for the first time. Subsequent applications will take less time to apply as our system saves some of your application information. Please note that some positions require the completion of assessments in order to receive consideration for that role. Those would take additional time.
* Can I change my application after submitting?
No, you cannot change your application after submitting, so please make sure that everything is finalized before you hit the submit button.
* How do you protect my personal information?
Processing of information on paper is minimal, and Walmart processes application information using an applicant tracking system (ATS). Access to the data within the ATS is restricted to authorized personnel, and the system itself is held to high security standards by Walmart.
* What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
* Internet Explorer 8.0+
* Firefox 4.0+
* Safari 4.0+
* Chrome 12+
See All FAQs
Recently viewed jobs
- Accounts Receivable
- Business Model
- Business Priorities
- Business Processes