Fahrenheit IT is seeking to hire an experienced and highly motivated Senior Embedded Software Engineer.
As a member of the Software Team, this senior position is responsible for providing design and technical expertise in area of assigned development activities.
• Generate design concepts & prototypes, test their performance in simulated and real-world conditions.
• Use analysis tools and methods to solve complex technical problems.
• Participate in the definition and analysis of software requirements and risk analysis activities.
• Demonstrate working knowledge of product enhancements and algorithm refinement.
• Prepare and/or review design change requests including Verification & Validation activities supporting design changes.
• Participate in pre-clinical testing, data collection and analysis of prototype hardware.
• Participate in maintenance of IEC 62304 processes.
• Support Manufacturing as required.
• Support activities to enhance IP portfolio of the company.
• Perform technical writing and develop/deliver presentations as required.
Qualifications & Required Skills
• Bachelor’s in Software Engineering or related field.
• 8+ years of direct experience developing embedded software.
• Proficiency in C and C++.
• Experience with object-oriented analysis and design techniques.
• Experience with embedded real-time operating systems, such as SafeRTOS.
• Experience in FPGA VHDL logic design and implementation is preferred.
• Familiarization with IEC60601, IEC62304, and ISO14971 is preferred.
• Excellent organizational, analytical reasoning, problem-solving, and conflict management skills.
Field Programmable Gate Array
Vhsic Hardware Description Language (Vhdl)