The incumbent will work under close supervision and perform routine and repetitive administrative work tasks within their assigned department that is not limited to extensive contact by phone, email and in person with USRA employees, general public, government officials, university personnel, and vendors. Administrative support duties will be varied and will require frequent interaction with others to exchange general information either in person or by telephone. After initial instructions, the incumbent will perform duties and maintain a close working relationship that enables current updates on the status of projects.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
- Provide administrative support to the Director.
- Assist the Director in calendar planning, logistical coordination of meetings, appointments, conferences, and visitors. Maintain confidentiality in the record keeping of official documents and correspondence.
- Coordinate travel, process expense authorizations, expense reports, and other reimbursements for Director.
- Provide general administrative duties for the department including building and maintaining databases and spreadsheets, typing, filing, and maintaining administrative files.
- Serve as Property Officer for STI. Interface with the NASA property officer, assist with annual inventory of STI property, and provide inventory control for STI equipment and materials.
- Collect, review, analyze data, prepare reports, charts, and other presentation materials as directed.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports. Proofread documents and submits draft version for approval prior to creating final copy and dissemination.
- Assist in new-hire process, as needed.
- File, create or update presentations and assist other administrative staff as needed or directed.
- Receive, sort, and distribute mail.
- Prepare outgoing mail and packages.
- Ensure logistics are set for all meetings convened by the offices and prepares materials for meetings. Assist at general USRA meetings as needed.
- Procure office and meeting supplies as needed.
- Maintain polite and professional communication via phone, email, and mail.
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Greet, assist, and provide general support to visitors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have a high school diploma or a general education diploma (GED), an Associate degree related to the work being performed is preferred.
- Candidates with at least 5 years of experience performing this type of work are highly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to perform work.
- Administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, database, spreadsheet, and managing files and records, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Ability to take direction and work independently.
- Technology competent
- Desire to keep learning
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, etc), its applications and image processing software
- Knowledge of electronic equipment, computer hardware and software, including applications.
- Familiarity with distribution methods and procedures.
- Proficient use of standard office equipment.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, etc. extensive online usage. This is largely a sedentary role.
Position is not eligible for telecommuting.
Applicants should apply to the posting at [ Link removed ]. Additional information on USRA can be found at [ Link removed ].
USRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.
Complex Problem Solving