TTC, a Curtiss-Wright company, are a recognized leader in comprehensive and integrated data acquisition through telemetry systems that include data analysis units, sensors, transmitters, receivers, and ground station analysis tools to measure, record, transmit, and analyze aircraft and munitions parameters during test flights. TTC have a broad exposure on more than 140 programs, including high-performance military aircraft such as the F-35 and F-18, major defense flight test centers, spacecraft, missile programs, and commercial and business jets. Key products include data acquisition units, recorders, network products, RF networks, airborne transmitters and receivers, and telemetry expansion cards.
The Opportunity: Software Test Engineer
We are seeing a Software Test Engineer for our TTC facility in Newtown, PA.
- Develop a suite of automated test tools to help validate functionality of our software applications prior to release
- Test new features, changes, and bug fixes in Windows desktop software applications prior to software release
- Working with our software development team to develop and run software test plans.
- Investigate software problems that are reported by customers or internal users to duplicate the problem and aide the software engineers in fixing the issue
- Multitask and efficiently utilizing available resources to assist the workflow
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Systems Engineering required
- 2+ years' experience in the field of test engineering preferred
- Solid understanding of software development principles
- Knowledge of network technology (i.e. Ethernet, IP, Wireshark)
- Familiarity with Linux and lab test equipment is a plus (i.e. oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, multimeters, power supplies)
- Experience with software testing and system integration testing is required
- Experience developing programs with Python, Microsoft .NET (C# or VB.NET), or Java
- Experience creating software test plans from product specifications
- Ability to work with Microsoft Windows, Excel and Visio and various software tools
- Ability to take ownership of a project with minimal supervision and multitask multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment with a diverse group of development engineers, test engineers, and technicians is required
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
C Sharp (Programming Language)