A BETTER FUTURE
Everything begins with passion, a legacy from the Saputo family, which offered tasty and quality cheeses to its community. Today, after more than 60 years, the company employs more than 12,500 dedicated employees, proud of their role, who work day after day to deliver quality products to customers and consumers.
At Saputo, we hire for careers, not jobs. We strategically place individuals within the organization and provide opportunities for growth across different functions. At Saputo, the promotion of healthy lifestyle habits is at the core of our community engagement and we are committed to investing in the communities where we operate through financial contributions and product donations. SUMMARY OF TASKS
As a Customer Service Manager, you will learn the Saputo business from the bottom up and have a major responsibility in the engagement and satisfaction of our customers. You will be the experience-maker for our customers and employees; you will have a passion for finding ways to educate and enhance communication and customer service. This opportunity with one of the top three dairy processors in the US and one of the top ten dairy processors in the world, will afford you the opportunity to grow with us and move your career to the next level – hear it from our employees. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under general supervision of the Sr Manager of Customer Service, responsible for the overall performance of designated Customer Service team. Maintain a high level of quality Customer Service performance, necessary to support both internal and external customers.
- Ensure all team members represent Saputo Cheese USA in a professional, courteous and efficient manner to new and existing customer accounts.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with sales, customers, brokers and Saputo department personnel.
- Provide day-to-day leadership coaching and direction to Customer Service Specialists. Guide the team as they identify problems and implement solutions. Motivate and empower staff through effective and open communication, performance feedback and teambuilding.
- Outline department objectives for team members to ensure standards are met. Monitor and verify Customer Service adherence to company practices, policies and management directives.
- Monitor Incident Tracking System (ITS) for Return Authorization (RA) accuracy and completion. Make recommendations, as well as, work with IT to implement system enhancements as required.
- Handle day-to-day issues and any elevated and complex customer service complaints.
- Monitor scheduling of personnel to ensure proper staffing and workloads.
- Conduct monthly meetings with staff and facilitate discussions and action plans for continuous improvement. Recommend changes and improvements to the Sr Manager of Customer Service.
- Analyze and compile reports to ensure appropriate employee workload balance as well as provide customer data as requested/necessary.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience working in a corporate environment.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working in Customer Service.
- Minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience (including performance management, coaching, and training).
- Experience navigating an ERP system.
- Skilled in developing and updating SOPs (standard operating procedures).
- Experience working cross-functionally to resolve problems in logistics, demand planning, distribution, etc.
- Experience working in a manufacturing industry required, food manufacturing preferred.
- Ability to motivate a team through interpersonal and team building skills.
- Must be self-motivated, results oriented, possess high a degree of initiative, and work well under pressure.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively interact with customers and employees in a positive and professional manner.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize and apportion work to meet required timelines.
- Demonstrated sound judgment, tact and knowledge of general management practices to assess impact of decisions/recommendations and alternatives.
- Proven analytical, problem solving, collaboration and multi-tasking skills.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Manager, Customer Service
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 291.2
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Our team of 9,600 men and women work together everyday to achieve our performance and growth objectives. Through our collective commitment and passion, we are now the 11th largest milk processor in the world, the largest in Canada, the third in Argentina, among the top three cheese-makers in the United States, and the largest snack-cake manufacturer in Canada.
View the full profile
Our corporate values enable us to offer quality products and services to all our clients. Our stimulating work environment fosters and rewards initiative, and encourages us to expand our horizons everyday in search of new concepts and solutions to improve our business process.
We offer very interesting career opportunities to both young and experienced candidates, since we encourage promotion from within. Furthermore, our Company's growth creates international career opportunities within our 5 divisions spread across 5 countries and 3 continents.
We all share a sense of belonging that leads us to regard Saputo as our own. Indeed, we share the privilege of being able to perfect ourselves fully and have a direct stake in the Company's success, all in the spirit of openness, respect and diversity.
Consumers and customers in over 40 countries appreciate our products distributed under our well-known brands such as Saputo, Alexis de Portneuf, Armstrong, Baxter, Dairyland, Danscorella, De Lucia, Dragone, DuVillage 1860, Frigo, Kingsey, La Paulina, Nutrilait, Ricrem, Stella, Treasure Cave, HOP&GO!, Rondeau and Vachon.
Saputo Inc. is a public company whose shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol SAP.