Patient Care Technician II Certified AdventHealth
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth
Per Diem Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Performs routine basic Patient Care Tech tasks and routines in a safe, competent, therapeutic and cost-effective manner include but not limited to the following:
- Documentation, Monitoring, Hygiene, Procedures, Daily inventory
- Assists patients with their activities of daily living including but not limited to basic
- hygiene, skin care, nutritional and dietary needs, elimination needs, physical activity
- needs and all comfort measures. Maintains respect and privacy at all times.
- Performs basic patient care unit routines including but not limited to the following: obtain and document vital signs (temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and respirations), pass ice water every 4 hours, keep patient rooms stocked with gloves, replace unit sharp containers per policy, keep patient rooms in a reasonably clean and appropriate condition, keep patient bedside trays within
- a safe reach at all times.
- Assists with the collection and documentation of accurate intake and output information for assigned patients.
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required
- Current State of Florida Certified Nursing Assistant/Nursing Assistant Certificate or a Patient Care Technician Certificate
- Current BLS through AHA
- Minimum of 6 months of hospital experience in patient care setting is preferred
Performs the following clinical tasks and responsibilities specific to the Patient Care Technician in a safe, therapeutic and competent manner to meet the needs for basic patient care management under the general and direct supervision of the Professional Registered Nurse /Licensed Practical Nurse. These clinical tasks include but are not limited to the following: Basic patient care, routines and procedures: vital signs, accucheck skills, discontinuation of a foley catheter, the discontinuation of a saline lock and/or IV site. Primarily assists the patient and the nurse to accomplish quality patient care outcomes and customer satisfaction in the Inpatient Nursing Department (Med/Surg,ICU/PCU). Functions as an active team member in the delivery of safe, competent, therapeutic and cost-effective patient care for the following patient populations: geriatrics, adult, adolescent and pediatric. Primary function is to assist with the basic patient care needs management of the patient under the general and direct supervision of a nurse. Understands the Computerized Physician Order Entry process and proficiently uses the electronic medical records for retrieval of patient information. Understands computer downtime. Demonstrates effective use and support of the FHFM Superior Service Standards within the hospital and clinical setting. Responsible to adhere to the Florida Hospital Fish Memorial Corporate Compliance plan, to the rules and regulations of all local, state and federal agencies and to the standards of all accrediting bodies.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Certified Nursing Assistant
Intensive Care Unit
Patient Care Technician
Licensed Practical Nurse
Registered Nurse Certified