To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Teterboro, NJ 07608
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Manager External Reporting & Technical Accounting
Kforce Finance and Accounting • Teterboro, NJ
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client that is seeking a Manager External Reporting and Technical Accounting for their office in Teterboro, New Jersey (NJ).
- External reporting and technical Accounting
- Will assist the Director of Technical Accounting Research and External Reporting in addressing the Company's SEC reporting requirements, accounting policy matters, perform technical accounting research, implement new accounting standards and assist in ensuring the integrity of the company's financial reporting in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Perform technical accounting research on a wide variety of business transactions and document conclusions in accounting position papers
- Prepare / write sections of the 10-Q and 10-K and other SEC filings
- Perform pre-acquisition M&A Accounting due diligence on acquisitions and other business development opportunities with limited oversight with a focus on identifying financial reporting issues and integration considerations
- Liaison with Business Development and Legal regarding deal structure and related accounting implications
- Assist in the implementation of new accounting standards issued from the FASB, EITF, SEC, and other accounting standard setters
- Provide technical Accounting support for business unit finance management and other corporate functions such as Treasury, Tax, Corporate Consolidations, Revenue Control, Internal Audit, Financial Planning and Analysis, Internal Controls and Business Operating units
- Work directly with external Audit firm to provide analyses and support for the Auditors
- Minimum Bachelors' degree in Accounting; Candidate must be a CPA; MBA is desirable, but not required
- Need 5 + years' previous experience in a large corporate environment preferably in SEC reporting and / national public with SEC clients and good ASC / FASB exposure
- In-depth knowledge of Financial Accounting Standards, U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting requirements
- Must be a Strong Accounting Technician; able to decipher complex accounting standards and properly apply them to various business transactions
- Effective communication skills, particularly writing skills
- Can work on multiple, concurrent tasks
- Skilled in Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong communication skills
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.