You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
CAD Earthwork Modeling
This position is open to experienced and non-experienced individuals with enough CAD experience to know key terms and CAD concepts. This is a full-time position building earthwork 3D-models for surveying and machine control applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Read and interpret civil, structural and architectural plans and geotechnical reports
- Communicate with team members, field crews, and project managers to obtain data
- Operate a computer workstation to build 3D models of construction sites using Trimble Business Center software .
- Setup files for construction surveying and machine control
- Setup and troubleshoot problems with GPS equipment
- Perform quantity calculations and grade adjustments
- Document and report tasks and issues
- Draft survey point maps to give surveyors for field-reference when staking
- Strong computer skills; the successful candidate must be experienced and comfortable with performing tasks on a computer in a production environment. This includes utilizing various software on various hardware platforms, online research, data entry, reporting and presentation (required)
- Ability to ready and interpret plans
- Possess strong verbal & written communications skills. Preferred English/Spanish
- Microsoft Windows and Office Applications (required)
- Basic mathematics and algebra skills (required)
- Reliable transportation (required)
- Previous drafting experience (required)
- Experience with Trimble Business Center - HCE, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Agtek (preferred but not required)
- Trimble GPS surveying systems and machine control (preferred but not required)
- some CAD experience to know terms and CAD concepts (required)
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of 2-5 years of relevant software/survey/estimating experience in the construction industry
- High level of working knowledge with general industry and construction rules and regulations.
Based on Experience; Open to Discussion
- 3d Model
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: g35mqiw
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.