Technical Sales Representative
Senior Vice President – Sales
The technical sales representative will
- meet with customers and technical staff to discover customer requirements and specifications
- prepare and deliver presentations to propose solutions to lower customer costs and increase productivity
- negotiate contracts, pricing and arrange for delivery of products to customers in collaboration with our Customer Service Organization
- check in with customers to see how current formulations are working and offer additional services or products
- follow up on recommendations from current customers, explore competitors’ web sites, and perform extensive market research to develop new business leads
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Collaborate with the commercial sales team, the R&D Organization, and the Customer Service Organization to serve our customers’ requirements.
- Focus on clearly explaining the technical aspects of our product offerings to our existing and prospective customer base.
- Travel to existing and prospective customer locations to support the commercial sales efforts of the Company. Extensive travel to customer locations will be required.
- Deliver presentations to existing and prospective customers clearly articulating the product offerings.
- Negotiate new contracts and pricing with existing and prospective customers.
- Travel to prospective customer locations to persuade customers to switch formulations and inputs into their production processes.
- Develop a pipeline of new business development leads for targeted customers.
- Prepare periodic call reports to be delivered to the SVP of Sales and other members of the senior leadership team to communicate progress on new business development activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, engineering or related field required. Advanced degree would be a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant technical sales experience in an Epoxy or Polyester Resins specialty chemical manufacturing business role or similar required.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and the proven ability to build long-term relationships with customers.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with other commercial sales team members, senior leadership, Operations, the R&D and Customer Service Organizations.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to articulate the product value proposition.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office
New Business Development