To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Daly City, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Client Service Representative II (Part-Time)
Ciox Health • Daly City, CA
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This is a mid-level position responsible for processing all release of medical records information requests in a timely and efficient manner ensuring accuracy and providing customers with the highest quality product and customer service. In addition to the duties and specified for this role, the Client Service Representative II is able to independently perform and fulfill all the duties and responsibilities of the Client Service Representative I position. Associate must at all times safeguard and protect the patient's right to privacy by ensuring that only authorized individuals have access to the patient' medical information and that all releases of information are in compliance with the request, authorization, company policy and HIPAA regulations.Responsibilities
- Exercises sound judgment and critical thinking skills in the execution of job duties and knows when to ask for guidance and/or share information with supervisor and/or manager for uncommon ROI requests.
- Assists with the training of associates in the Client Service Representative I position.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of e-smartlog, smartlink, rep on line and other work tools and software.
- Generates reports from e-smartlog, rep on line and other tools and software as directed by Manager and/or Supervisor.
- Submits weekly reports as directed by Manager, Operations
- Receives incoming requests for information and responds to requests by opening mail, assisting walk-ins and telephone inquiries, and retrieving facsimile inquiries in a timely manner.
- Date stamps all requests and highlights pertinent data to facilitate processing.
- Validates requests and authorizations for release of medical information according to established procedures and HIPAA guidelines.
- Completes release of information requests including retrieving patient's medical charts and returning charts, copying/scanning medical records accurately and correctly, according to requests, established procedures, and established standards of quality and productivity; and electronically transmits medical record to processing operations.
- Reviews the accuracy of scanned documents and ensures documents reflect the details specified by the requestor.
- Performs quality checks on all work to assure accuracy of the release, confidentiality, and proper invoicing.
- Maintains equipment in excellent operating condition (inside and out) and troubleshoot equipment issues with assistance from the Help Desk department.
- Provides excellent customer service by being attentive, respectful and professional at all times; insures understanding of customer request and follows-through as promised; being proactive in identifying and addressing member concerns, or problems.
- Demonstrates helpful and effective telephone etiquette and customer service skills by providing appropriate information to callers.
- Maintains a neat, clean, and professional personal appearance and observes the dress code established by The Company or the member facility.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area, insures that records and files are properly stored before leaving area, and insures adequate supplies to meet customer requests.
- Maintains working knowledge of the current state laws regarding fee structure, and HIPAA regulations as well as facility policies and procedures in regards to release of information.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance and punctuality as scheduled.
- Notifies Supervisor and/or Manager if unable to adhere to daily schedule.
- Adheres to all Company time and attendance policies or applicable law covering meal breaks and rest periods. Records all accurate work hours in The Company's designated time keeping system daily and adheres to the Company's overtime policy and procedures for requesting time off or change in schedule.
- Works within scope of position and direction; willingly accepts assignments and is available to take on additional tasks facilities or assist with ROI backlogs.
- Performs responsibilities in accordance with The Company's and member facilities policies and procedures and state and federal labor regulations and works to minimize confidentiality breaches.
- Maintains confidentiality, information security and ethical behavior when handling all Company and medical records information during transport, storage and disposal. Will not remove medical records information from member site unless written authorization is provided by the facility's HIM Director, Company Supervisor, Manager or Vice President of Operations.
- Attends and participates in required educational training sessions and staff meetings as scheduled and assigned.
- Ability to adapt to change and respond to difficult and challenging situations in a professional manner.
- Accepts new assignments willingly to meet business needs.
- Communicates with Manager on an on-going basis, providing information and data as requested including member's changing needs and requests.
- Promptly reports to Manager any customer service concerns and/or any potential HIPAA violations
- A High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in the English language.
- Must have at least 1 year of experience preferably with release of information, medical records, or other related experience in a healthcare environment.
- Proven customer service experience and/or training.
- Ability to effectively use computer software and technology as required by the member facility including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to understand and become knowledgeable of Release of Information standards, policies & procedures and HIPAA regulations and to complete work in compliance of these and other standards.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple, healthcare terminology
- Effective organizational skills a must
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use fax, copier, microfilm machine, and multiline phone system and other required work tools
- Ability to learn new equipment and required processes in a fast paced environment
- Must be willing to travel to multiple sites based on the needs of the region
- Ability to work professionally, effectively, and efficiently in a team environment with customers, management and co-workers.
- Must be able to multi-task effectively