Bergmann, an affiliate of Colliers Engineering & Design is looking for a Coastal Engineer to join us in any of our offices or remotely within the US. Coastal engineers with collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of project engineers, designers, and environmental scientists to progress coastal design and restoration, shoreline protection, channel or harbor dredging, and other types of projects with public and private clients.
* Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Ocean Engineering; Masters in Coastal or Ocean Engineering is desirable.
* 10 years or more of coastal analysis and design experience.
* Experience with USACE coastal design projects is desirable.
* Experience with modeling of coastal processes, storm surge, current, waves, and sediment transport.
* Familiarity with beach nourishment and monitoring, dredging of inlets, channels, sand bypassing measures, coastal hydrodynamics, and stone sizing.
* Familiarity with permitting issues associated with coastal structures, coastal structures modifications and dredging.
* Knowledge of climate change adaption issues and sea-level rise design criteria.
* Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing to communicate complex, technical information to technical and general audiences.
* Flexibility to travel.
* Willing to work independently and with others as a team member.
* Interested in developing, coaching, and mentoring others as a technical leader.
* Experience with Coastal analysis software (SMS 13.1, CMS-Wave and CMS-Flow modeling programs or equivalent).
* Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
* Serve as the coastal engineering technical lead for firm.
* Act as a Project Engineer, taking the lead in technical design aspects including design development and the creation of reports, plans, specifications, and estimates.
* Design of breakwaters, revetments, and other forms of shoreline protection, both onshore and offshore.
* Numerical modeling of coastal processes including storm surge, currents, waves, sediment transport.
* Development of hydraulic loads on coastal and marine structures and flood resiliency counter measures.
* Assist in the education, development, and mentoring of staff and act as a resource for design questions.
* Perform QA/QC on work products from supporting staff.
* May serve as a direct contact for clients, other design professionals, and contractors.
* May serve on professional association committees for establishment of policies, standards, procedures, and research at a local, state, or national level.
What We Offer
At Bergmann, an affiliate of Colliers Engineering & Design, our people are our most important resource. That's why we are committed to providing all our employees with a safe, comfortable work environment, potential for career advancement, and the ability to impact society through their projects as well as Company sponsored activities.
This dedication begins with supporting a work life balance through a generous compensation package that includes: company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; paid pregnancy disability leave; short- and long-term disability insurance; life insurance; a company-matched 401(k)/Roth; paid time off that includes parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses and a straight time policy that compensates exempt employees for billable hours worked in excess of 40 billable hours within a work week.
We have also created an internal culture that provides the resources and technology needed to encourage personal and professional growth opportunities through reimbursement for education; a free in-house resource for hundreds of educational and self-enrichment courses; mentorship program; wellness program; Women's Organization and ongoing philanthropic opportunities.
Apply today to learn how you can join our team of professionals, so we can help you Accelerate Your Success!
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Content Management
- Engineering Design Process
- Hardworking And Dedicated