HollyFrontier Cheyenne Refining LLC is seeking a mid-expert level (5-15 years of experience) Process Engineers who will provide process engineering expertise for assigned unit(s) and/or projects. The Process Engineer will Identify long-term improvement opportunities to improve unit(s) profitability and optimize efficiency, and perform process-engineering activities in all project phases including feasibility/economic studies, conceptual design, identification and evaluation of alternatives, front-end design, detail engineering, construction and startup/commissioning.
This position is not eligible for International Relocation Program benefits.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
- Applies process engineering principles and expertise during project development and in support of other refinery departments as needed. Produces process designs for projects on Capital Plan to improve safety, operation, maintenance, and profitability of refinery within department standards and environmental regulations.
- Provides troubleshooting and optimization assistance for Operations. Conducts daily performance monitoring including energy consumption, yields and “process unit health” performance indicators. Generates, analyzes, interprets, acts upon and disseminates these performance indicators and unit operations data for assigned units. Evaluates catalyst usage and performance.
- Identifies long-term improvement opportunities to improve unit(s) profitability and optimize efficiency. Conducts process operations analysis and economic evaluation using simulation software. Reviews findings with refinery management and secures approval to implement. Exercises judgment in equipment design and process development to ensure safety, environmental, economic and operability objectives are met.
- Performs process-engineering activities in all project phases including feasibility/economic studies, conceptual design, identification and evaluation of alternatives, front-end design, detail engineering, construction and startup/commissioning.
- Participates in development and implementation of operator training, operating manual input, MOC development, HAZOP reviews and recommendation follow-up, P&ID review and verification.
- Interfaces with System Optimization to insure unit constraints and yields are accurately reflected in refinery’s linear programming model and disseminates individual unit’s economic values to Operations and refinery management.
Minimum 5-15 years process engineering experience in refining industry required. A strong understanding of basic refinery processes and the elements of process safety is required for Process Safety Engineering discipline. Emphasis on power distribution and controls engineering is required of the electrical discipline depending on assignment.
Professional Engineer registration is preferred. Refinery or petrochemical industry experience preferred. Some or all of FCC, CCR, Alky, Sulfur unit, Delayed Coking, Lubes Processing and hydrotreating experience is preferred for Chemical discipline depending on assignment.
Minimum undergraduate degree in chemical engineering required.
Ability to manage a project is essential. Working knowledge of commonly used engineering concepts and ability to apply this knowledge analytically. Ability to stay abreast of new technology developments and processes is essential. Ability to communicate effectively with others, strong verbal communication skills, advanced level of reading and writing, ability to perform advanced mathematical calculations. Advanced ability to work effectively with multiple groups throughout the refinery. Strong spreadsheet and word processing applications knowledge; strong interpersonal, time-management and organizational skills; ability to provide training to multiple groups on a variety of applicable assigned discipline topics. Knowledge of various process hazard analysis and root cause analysis methodologies is required for Process Safety Engineering discipline.
Working knowledge of and experience with engineering software is preferred.
May be responsible for the supervision of personnel as well as contractors.
Office and plant based with up to 10% travel required. Subject to varying weather conditions and required to work in all temperatures, including outdoors. May be required to work extend hours during special projects.
ENVIROMENTAL, HEALTH, & SAFTEY RESPONSIBILITES:
Our primary values at HollyFrontier are: We put health and safety first; We care about the environment.
All HollyFrontier employees are expected to work safely every day and be safety & environmental leaders. This includes active participation in the following:
- Stops and/or reports any unsafe work or conditions
- Follows safety & environmental policies and procedures
- Supports safety & environmental goals and initiatives
- Participates in safety & environmental meetings, training, emergency drills and hazard recognition programs
- Reports all accidents, injuries and near misses, and participates in associated investigations
- Participates in industrial hygiene, medical surveillance and behavior based safety programs
About HollyFrontier Corporation
HollyFrontier Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is an independent petroleum refiner and marketer that produces high value light products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel and other specialty products. HollyFrontier owns and operates refineries located in Kansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Wyoming and Utah and markets its refined products principally in the Southwest U.S., the Rocky Mountains extending into the Pacific Northwest and in other neighboring Plains states. In addition, HollyFrontier produces base oils and other specialized lubricants in the U.S., Canada and Netherlands, and exports products to more than 80 countries. HollyFrontier also owns a 57% limited partner interest and a non-economic general partner interest in Holly Energy Partners, L.P., a master limited partnership that provides petroleum product and crude oil transportation, terminalling, storage and throughput services to the petroleum industry, including HollyFrontier.
Join HollyFrontier Corporation where you have the opportunity to develop and own your career!
HollyFrontier Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.